“Excellent overnight stay in wonderful surroundings.”

Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
“Excellent overnight stay in wonderful surroundings.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked Savill Court for an overnight stay while visiting family in the area. Driving through the gates and seeing the spacious grounds set the scene and the overall atmosphere of the hotel was excellent and I hope we will be able to fit in a longer stay next time to make good use of the facilities. We booked a double and single room and both were comfortable and a good size. Breakfast was good- variety of cereals, fruit juices etc and the cooked breakfast was fresh and tasty. Despite being busy as there was a large wedding party staying, the staff were very attentive, prompt and friendly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendydavid1
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear WendyDavid
Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding Breakfast, Rooms and our service teams, we will be delighted to pass on your comments to our service teams.
Please let me know when you are in the area and I will make your reservation for you personally.
Guest Services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went for a spa day and had a wonderfully warm welcome and for a second time superb treatments. Go midweek as so wonderfully tranquil. Thank you saville court. We will be back again for another visit to the relaxation room, pool, sauna, steam. Glad ran out of time to use gym!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank christina s
Dear Christina S,
It was our great pleasure to welcome you once again, we will be delighted to pass on your feedback to our Spa Team.
Thank you for choosing Savill Spa,. please do contact me when you wish to return and I will ensure that you can have one of our great mid-week offers.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked this hotel for my friends 40th Birthday..We had 3 superior rooms on a dinner bed and breakfast package with a 20 min spa treatment included.£115 each which was very reasonable..
The rooms were ok,not really superior,I have to admit I was slighty dissapointed on arrival,they were quiet dark and small.It felt like all the package guests were hearded into the annex where the spa is!Dinner was good,we had a slight issue,which was sorted by Didier the restaurant manager very quickly..He was brilliant,and tried his very best to ensure my friends Birthday went well.Nothing was too much trouble for him,the hotel are very lucky to have him as a member of their staff..a jewel,we were all so impressed.The spa treatment was amazing,but was very busy so didnt feel very relaxing after our massage,so we left pretty much straight away as nowhere to sit by the pool.There was a wedding there that night,so it meant we couldnt have a drink in the lounge bar before or after dinner as it was so busy,this was also a bit of a letdown,it would have been lovely to have a drink in the bar and relax! When you go away to a hotel for a special occasion,its all part of the experience to be able to make use of all parts of the hotel during your stay! Another bar area would have been perfect,away from the wedding party.it was a good night,as we made the best of it, but could have been so much better..Thankyou again Didier.

Room Tip: The main house may be best,the annexe was not so good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Red70Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you did not like the design of the bedroom you had booked, we would have been very happy to offer an alternative.
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding Didier, we will be delighted to pass this on.
It was particularly busy in the bar when you were in there as the party from the wedding were using it at that particular time, we are sorry that this caused an inconvenience, we will bear this in mind for future improvements.
We do hope you will try us again in the future, I will be very happy to offer you an upgraded type of room at no extra cost.
Please do not hesiste to contact me.
oiike
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Enjoyed lovely family celebration weekend at the hotel. 6 adults and 4 children all enjoyed the weekend. Staff were fantastic with the children which made our break all the more enjoyable. Would definitely recommend the hotel and we will certainly come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Sue K
Thank you for your review, it was our great pleasure to welcome you and your family to Savill Court.
We will be delighted to pass on your kind feedback to our service team, please do contact me when you are next in the area and I will make a booking for you personally, we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
UK
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If first impressions count, I was hoping that the nice gardens and elegant building would only be the foretastes of a great experience. Unfortunately that's the best part (and only good part) of this hotel. If staff is friendly and willing, it seems they can be stretched between too many guests or events. Noise can also be an issue (so if you are booking a corporate event, be careful about wedding or xmas parties!). The worst part is how small the rooms are: avoid at all cost the older part of the hotel. Terrible greasy smell in the breakfast area and poor GSM reception. If this hotel looks like a 4 star hotel, the experience is more in a "3 star hotel" league. I am glad I didn't pay for it

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank stephan_surrey
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Stephan-Surrey
Thank you for your feedback; we are sorry that you did not enjoy all apects of your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our service teams and garden areas.
We have varying sizes of bedrooms in the old part of the hotel and we recommend expressing a preference to room size when making a booking; this way we can make every effort to ensure that every need of our guest is met and exceeded where possible.
When you stayed with us during a christmas paty night it can be noisy around the event areas and we wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. Please let me know when you are in the area in the future and I will be delighted to ensure you have a great experience.
Middlesex
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my third stay here, but the first with my husband. Previous times were with my daughter for spa breaks. This was a last minute surprise that our daughter had arranged. Our room was lovely, and receiving fruit and chocolates as a welcome to the hotel was a lovely addition. Despite the restaurant being fully booked we had a lovely meal in the bar. The spa facilities are all good. From my experience this hotel has the best breakfast ever!!!!
I cannot fault any of the staff from the cleaners to the managers, everyone makes an effort to speak to you and you are made to feel very welcome. I really cannot wait to go again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whosshe
Dear Whosshe,
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you for a third time and thank you for recommending us; the Macdonald Breakfast has recently won an award and we are delighted that you enjoyed it so much.
Please do conatct me directly at the hotel when you want to stay with us again and I will make the neccesary arrangements personally.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I wanted to let anyone thinking of booking savill court hotel for any occasion or simply just a mini break. Just book it ! We have just has the most amazing weekend for 24 of my girl friends they could not have been more accommodating to my friends and me. All I wanted was a relaxed stress free weekend with a little pampering and to feel special and the hotel provided that with bells on! The rooms are lovely and comfortable the spa was clean and modern. The food was very good and served with a huge smile. The wine waiters were attentive and the girls in the spa were calm and friendly. Diddia the restaurant manager was incredibly helpful he moved tables around gave us a private room so all my friends were made to feel special. It was the perfect 40th in a great hotel I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatieWilson1973
Dear Katie wilson
Thank you for your very kind feedback, it was our great pleasure to make your 40th birthday special; we are delighted that you and your 24 friends had such a great time.
We will pass on your feedback to Didier and the service team.
Please let us know when you wish to join us again in the future I will make your reservation for you personally.
Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
#2 of 18 in Windsor
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#4 of 5 in Egham

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!