“What a rude name for a pub!”
Review of The Monkey's Forehead - CLOSED

The Monkey's Forehead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 25, 2012

OK, I do have an earthy sense of humour and I do know that this is predominantly a students' pub serving RHUL whose main entrance is just up a bit and over the road. My wife told me the meaning of the name and I thought she was teasing me so I put it in the search engine and all the entries then left me in no doubt!

Back to basics, the pub was hectic early weekday evening, when I came in after lecturing at the college. It is bright and quite loud. The beer was about average and the same with the food. Oh and I'd say that this is Englefield Green rather than Egham which is down the hill.

8  Thank JoeS424

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Came in for brunch while passing by, food was cheap, tasty and quickly brought out.

Sat in the garden, bar and tables were clean and tidy.

6  Thank Natserella
Reviewed August 5, 2012

the food is excellent, large portions and not over priced, pleasant staff, we made this a regular haunt after work to eat, large premises with front terrace and seating area.

7  Thank virgil5015
Reviewed August 3, 2012

From what I understand has been recently re-decorated, certainly different to pictures shown, much more toned down neutral colour scheme which to me seems more inviting to all than the frankly gaudy colours it previously was. Upon asking the friendly staff (Miles apart from earlier comment) about the re-decoration I found that the seating has all been re-upholstered as well as a much needed fresh coat of paint/varnish on everything, from what i was aware, not one thing had remained untouched which makes the place clean and welcoming like earlier stated by 'Martina_q62' The menu offers a wide selection of good quality food at a low cost. which would be perfect for students, or families. Wide selection of both bottled and draught beers and ciders with 2 real ales (not sure if they rotate or are house ales, but if it is real ales you prefer, i advise The Happy Man just up the road which has 3 real ales that rotate as well as summer lightning by hopback brewery as the the house ale). All in all, one of the better establishments in Egham.

6  Thank Joe L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Varied menu, very low cost, very helpful and friendly staff. Clean and welcoming. Large seating area outside.

6  Thank martina_q62