“Consistently great food and service.”
Review of Bar 163

Bar 163
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Egham
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It���s hard to believe that Bar 163 has been in Egham since 1984. More than twenty years on, 163 looks and feels as fresh as ever and continues to attract a varied crowd of young and not so young, professionals and students alike. Originally a bar with food the menu has become so popular over the years that we can safely call Bar 163 a restaurant ��� the Mediterranean inspired dishes have a real taste of summer, exactly what you���ll be after if you find yourself lucky enough to nab a table in the relaxing secret garden. But despite the food the relaxed, lively bar vibe remains, making this Egham���s most well loved venue.
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to bar 163 with my two nieces it was a funny time at about 3.30 pm but it was no problem and they were both well looked after. I went for dinner on my own this evening and I had a lovely meal but only had a starter and dessert. The starter was huge and enough probably for two to share. I decided to not stuff myself with a main course but opted for a yummy dessert which was fantastic and I left feeling comfortably full. The service again was excellent. I felt comfortable as a single female diner which is not always the case although you like to think the world has moved on. This restaurant opened the year I moved to Egham which was about 25 years ago. I moved away about 5 years ago. It is good to see somewhere maintain the consistency of great food and service over all that time. It was lovely to come back to Egham and find this was still the best place to eat.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We arrived at Bar 163 originally for drinks, we were approached by the waitress, stating whether we'd booked a table to which I'd replied no. However, I looked around it did not seem to be that busy and this was about 6.45pm on Friday, and during the course of the evening I went to the bathroom and there was more seating upstairs.!!!!

Food - my husband ordered hamburger and fries, I ordered sea bass and crushed potatoes with pea purée. Well when my husbands order arrived, he stated to the waitress where is the bun for the hamburger? She stated there is no bum. I've never seen or heard anything so ridiculous. Does Macdonalds serve hamburgers with a bun and their menu states hamburgers...please I suggest that owners either state on the menu that it does not come with a bun. Then customers would be misold. Or even if the waitress stated it comes with no bun. There is a good range dishes on the menus. BTW - Creme brûlée is lovely!!

Service - was good and very attentive.

Cost - London prices

Overall - I would come back again to try other dishes.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stopped off in Egham to do some house research as we may be looking to move over that way
It was cold and damp so popped into the first cafe we came upon
What a good choice!
Was only going to have a sandwich but ended up having sausage and mash which was yummy
My partner had lentils with spinach and cheese in a big red pepper
Food and service with a smile was excellent
I can also see how it could be a nice wine bar too
Would definitely make it "our local" if we move over that way

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We've been going to Bar 163 for 26 years, so that says something in itself! Going there is a treat and a real change to most of the formulaic places that are around. It's buzzy and quirky and the food is first-class. The spicy Thai prawn curry was excellent and full of flavour, and on the more simple side, their burgers are great and succulent. The lovely thing about this place is you can pop in for a quick drink and treat it like a wine bar, or enjoy a full blown meal in an atmosphere most Parisian bistros would die for. The staff are super friendly and efficient, and the place is excellently run by manager Jane. If you're only going to have one meal in or around Egham then this is the place. Ignore this review at your peril!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I really liked this restaurant. This was a lunchtime visit, so wasn't lucky enough to experience the evening vibe. Really absorbing environment with just the right mood tempo of background music. The service was excellent and the staff couldn't have been more attentive (that's attentive NOT intrusive). The food was melt in the mouth tasty: Crusty bread with olive oil and garlic olives to start and Moroccan Lamb Shank with couscous for the main all washed down with a few cheeky glasses of Prosecco. All value for money also. I'm from way out west and would have expected the price to be over the odds, pleasantly surprised that I could have been paying for a meal back home....or is it that Cheltenham is over priced!? Loved the restaurant and the openness of the dining area upstairs with a quaint little balcony. Please discover this place for yourself :)