We called at the Lough Erne Hotel last Friday for a second brief visit and the welcome at the door was excellent by the concierge. He welcomed us back and asked did we want food and even told us there was a special of White Onion Soup with Crispy bacon. We sat down in the main lounge area and a very friendly waiter took our order for soup and a great range of small snacks. The Soup arrived in cold bowls and when my son and I tasted it it was indeed luke warm. We asked for it to be heated and that was no problem. It arrived back luke warm again two minutes later. We called the waiter over again and this time the waiter said the chef says it is supposed to be like that, but if you don't like it we wil take it off the bill. It was left on the table until we finished the meal. when we were paying the waiter offered us coffees which were gnerously not charged for. But we told him we dissagreed with the chef's assertion that the soup should be luke warm and we would be happy to chat with him about it. Why does a five star hotel allow a chef to refuse to heat up the soup that a customer wants hot? Just for interest bacon fat left at the bottom of a cold soup bowl can't be crispy, and why weren't we offered an alternative to the soup? We would have been happy to pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland