“Dining experience”
Review of Lough Erne Resort

Lough Erne Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late on the Monday afternoon so as you would expect are first dining experience we had to try the Catalina restaurant, we were greated by a young lady who did an excellent job in showing off what the restaurant had to offer. Everything was great in the Catalina and the company was outstanding, my only disappointment was the pricing for what we got. Overall I would come back again. The next day we went for lunch in the blaney bar, this is when I realised what I personally expected from a 5 star establishment. I was greeted by a young man and my order was later taken by luke, Luke was very friendly and seemed to be taking control of the bar, he seemed to have very good knowledge of the resort and kept us very interested throughout the duration of our meal. This is what I personally expect from a 5* resort. I was very content leaving the bar after Luke settled our bill and wished us a good day. Throughout the resort I am very happy with what I received and I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is our second time at the Loungh Erne resort and each time we have stayed in one of the self catering houses along the edge of the lough. Check in isn't quite the same as other 5* hotels we have stayed at, but the door staff are very helpful and have been able to answer any questions we had for them with ease. The rooms were clean and a nice size, and this time our house was further into the estate so we didn't have the constant traffic we experienced the first time. As it was half term and busy, we all had breakfast in the room above the golf shop which has a nice view over the lough. As we had children we were up early, but those arriving later had quite a wait to get into the room to sit down as it wasn't big enough to cope. There is no in room dining option, although the kitchen is well stocked with equipment, so we tended to get take away food from one of the many local restaurants in the town.

Room Tip: Go for the loughside lodges if travelling with a family, your own private home on the lough
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very much enjoyed our break here. The grounds are beautiful and pleasant to walk around, the food, especially the breakfast, was excellent and well up to the 5 star rating.

The spa was great too….my wife and I both got treatments and found them to be very professional.

What holds it back from 5 star? Our bathroom wasn't properly cleaned…..fixed promptly by housekeeping, and the bedroom was far to warm which made sleep difficult the first night till we got it sorted.

Overall recommended, we will be back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this beautiful hotel for 2 days and everything was faultless. The food was fabulous and the staff some of the best I've come across but don't stay in this hotel if you want to leave feeling relaxed and refreshed! The heat in the bedrooms is unbearable. The windows can only be opened a tiny crack and there was no air conditioning. They do provide a fan which is noisy and of no use. On checkout I mentioned how uncomfortable the rooms were because of how warm they were and I was told that the powers that be are aware. We left this hotel not raving about the fabulous experience it was but tired and cranky.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre M
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday! The room was so spacious and lovely with great surroundings of natural beauty! We loved dinner and were treated so we'll the staff even made him a plate with happy birthday and chocolates and strawberries! Another added touch! Great hotel will be back :)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Channy2013
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here with three girlfriends last weekend. Stayed in one of the Lodges on the edge of the lake. The most comfortable bed i've ever slept in! Had full use of the pool,spa area which was very pleasant, considering it was a Bank holiday weekend, only one other family using the facilities at the same time as us.Had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was fabulous, chef came out and spoke to all the diners during the evening (nice touch). Breakfast was a buffet (not in the main hotel); the range of foods was a little disappointing but what was available was hot and well presented. Staff were very attentive. Had a long walk in the grounds after breakfast, will definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife planned a birthday surprise for me and organised a two night stay here at Lough Erne. From the moment we arrived we knew that we were somewhere special. The staff could not do enough for you and it was evident that there was a willingness to please by everyone we met who worked there, in whatever role. As you would expect from a 5 star rated hotel, everything was of a very high standard. From the cleanliness, to the food, the facilities and the bed. And what a bed. I thought I knew comfort before this stay, now I know what it really means. The setting of the hotel is beautiful and tranquil. You can see why it was chosen to host last year's G8 summit. For those of you wishing to visit the gorgeous County of Fermanagh, I would encourage you to treat yourself to stay here. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birdamark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown
Corick House
Corick House
#1 of 1 in Clogher

Been to Lough Erne Resort? Share your experiences!