Really enjoyed this past weekend in Lough Erne. In terms of service it is second to none. We had requested a Lake View room as I like to watch the 18th hole of the golf however we had a room which was put in an enclave and had a very partial lake view, they were kind enough to adjust my rate to the courtyard view. This was room 116. The rooms can also be a little warm to sleep in so be aware in the summer months.
The golf at Lough Erne was super, Neil the starter and the assistants in the clubhouse are the pinnacle of the great service received everywhere at Lough Erne (including the Bell hops).
My only advice however would be we had one dinner in the Catalina restaurant with our deal and although I am sure fine food connoisseurs would love this, if you are not one I would advise asking to use the Faldo Club House instead (more relaxed) as I found the portions very small.
A great weekend, I was sad to leave, the resort itself is in great condition and the surroundings are very pleasant to walk around with views everywhere. The spa and swimming pool are also terrific, a nice way to relax after golf.
ONE TIP - go to the bar for afternoon tea, scones and shortbread. (approx £12-15)
9/10 for a relaxing weekend break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland