My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay here and although the resort and views are beautiful, we feel our experience was ruined by the so called courtyard room which overlooks the carpark. The noise from coaches and cars arriving was very annoying especially being woke at 7.30am to the sound of the coach engine being left running for nearly 40 minutes. Cant believe a 5 star hotel does not have air conditioning in the rooms, the heat in our room was unbearable through the night and the windows only opened a tiny amount. Left feeling tired after not having a great nights sleep and being woke by coaches and noisy guests departing. Maybe the hotel should state courtyard rooms overlook carpark with considerable noise!!
Cant really comment on the food as we had a look at both menus for blaney bar and catalina restaurant and nothing really appealed to us so we went to Killyhevlin for our dinner and had a fantastic meal there. The cooked breakfast wasn't great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland