If you are thinking of booking this hotel stop thinking and do it!!! We stayed here as a treat for my 40th birthday for 3 nights in November It was meant to be just my husband and I but it ended up the children came 2! The staff on the phone were more than helpful and changed our reservation from a double room in the hotel to a 2 bedroom lodge, which actually ended up being a 3 bedroom lodge! This was fabulous for us as a family as our 2 girls had their own bedroom to share and we had ours! The living area downstairs again was perfect for us all to veg out and watch television. The pool and spa were both a very enjoyable experience! The breakfasts were unbelievable! The porridge and pancakes which you can order were delicious! The buffet breakfast was beautiful as well! We dined in the bar and grill just past the hotel, and although the food was good it was not worth the £80 it cost!! We found the staff in the hotel to be extremely courteous and friendly, especially an older gentleman who moved us to the Gordon Wilson Library to have our coffee because they were setting up for afternoon teas!! Also the young waitress in the bar and grill who overheard my children discussing my birthday and appeared with a selection of deserts on a slate with Happy 40th Birthday written on it!! The staff in the golf club even let us borrow clubs so we could all go to the driving range!! The walk around the golf course is very scenic but could be a little better sigh posted as we kept thinking we were lost! The large gas fire in the hotel make it a delight to sit and watch the world go by. The hotel is soooo relaxing that our two girls fell asleep on the comfy couches after swimming! It is a beautiful hotel and I really hope some day we can return! We had such a relaxing and rejuvenating time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland