Just back form Lough Erne Golf resort last night and have a few comments. The location is beautiful and first view of the hotel is very impressive. It is very well finished and the staff are very friendly and the rooms are first class. But...the bar areas are devoid of any character even though they are well decorated and furnished it resembles more of a gentlemans club than a bar and I can't imagine it ever having an atmosphere. If you want very genteel and quiet, this is for you, if you want some character look elsewhere. Also I noticed how long the receipt for pre-authorisation for my credit card was and read it. Apparently if you have a foreign credit card they will charge you in your own currency but.. the foreign exchange transaction will not be handled by your credit card company, but rather by the hotels nominated foreign exchange company. You know where this is going, it results in an extra charge of 3.5% for having a southern irish credit card. I asked to pay the bill in sterling on my card and was told that wasn't possible. The only reason I can see for this not being possible is so that you can be charged the commission. This seems like a very cheap way to get a very small amount of money from guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland