This was our third trip to the resort, and , as with the other two, was exellent. In fact, having been allocated a Lough view building on its own (no. 19 room 2) at the very front of the complex overlooking the lough, this trip was the best so far. Only complaint, no minibar in the room.
The staff at reception are the most curtiouse and friendly as are the door men. Customer service at its best, believe me.
The rooms were meticulously clean and could not be faulted.
My wife made use of the Thai Spa and loved it. The gym has enough equipment to ensure a proper work out, with towels and water available.
Dinner was in the Bar and Grill, a reservation having been made at the time of booking the room - unfortunately, the Bar had no record of the request when we went to eat. Fortunatley, they quickly made amends and we were shown to a table. The menu wasn't the most varied but what was available was excellent, tasty and thoroughly enjoyable.
Breakfast was excellent, both buffet and table service and the staff were very attentive.
Overall ambience could not be bettered, lets hope that doesn't change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland