“Knowledgable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheelin Antique Lace and Vintage Fashion

Sheelin Antique Lace and Vintage Fashion
Ranked #6 of 34 things to do in Enniskillen
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sheelin Lace Shop sells beautiful antique Irish Lace items including wedding gowns, veils, stoles, and handkerchiefs. We also sell vintage jewellery and tiaras. Within our shop we have a beautiful small antique Irish lace museum
Woodland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Knowledgable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Although the small museum and gift shop is overflowing with magnificent examples of laces, I felt comfortable moving throughout the small space and never felt crowded. I appreciated how well it was curated so I could learn the history of the area and Ireland's lace manufacture and styles. I learned a lot!!! Although the gift items can appear expensive, they're clearly of higher quality than you'll find elsewhere. I bought two one-of-a-kind gifts I can't wait to give my daughters at Christmas. True heirlooms!

Visited September 2012

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely little nook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place off the beaten track was well worth a visit. The shop was a bit claustiphobic but the museum part was well presented. Loved the beautiful gowns on display and the information was very knowledgeable. Could be better advertised within the local area.

Visited July 2012
WHITWORTH, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a beautiful place to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This lady's collection of lace in her museum and objects for sale in the shop are great!
There is also a little cafe attached and the food there is great. Their merinques ate to die for! It is just off the main road, but well worth the detour. It would be difficult to get around in a wheelchair and I don't know if I would want to take my little nieces - they would want to touch and try on things!

Visited June 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Disneyland for lace junkies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Last year I took a Clones Lace making class in Berkeley California and met up with my wonderful teacher Maire Treanor here in at the Sheelin Lace Museum and shop. This place will put you on overload. In addition to the beautiful examples of antique lace in the museum, there are wonderful pieces for sale. My husband purchased an amazing antique collar for me for my birthday which Maire helped me select. What a treat! If you love lace, this place is for you.

Award winning tea shop next door too.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank CaliforniaFoodie
Erie, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“not worth the time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place has gorgeous lace on display & for sale, but I did not buy anything because of the cold reception I got from the employee. She stayed texting on her cell phone the whole time I was in there & when I asked why a certain huge piece of lace was for sale so inexpensively she got this attitude & said it was machine made. So I didn't spend my money there & won't be back. I only give it an average because of the beautiful lace.

Visited May 2012