“Incredible!!!”

Knockninny Country House & Marina
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I would highly recommend Knockninny for a trip! On arrival myself and my boyfriend were greeted by Gail (one of the owners), who we found to be really friendly, helpful and we immediately felt at home. The building itself is quaint, very clean and full of character. All the staff went out of their way to help and put us at ease. The bedroom we had was lake-view and finished to a high standard, full of little individual personal touches.....and the bathroom..!!!.....spotless and luxurious! Later in out stay we met Marshall who couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. All in all a wonderful place to stay for a romantic break/relaxing time away and we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 186470Anna

Reviewed August 3, 2010

The hotel was lovely inside and out , the view terriffic and the owners weloming and friendly.
We had a great few days there and woudl have no hesitation in recommending it and wil definately stay there again when next staying in the area.
The rooms are bigger than yuo woueld expect for the size of the building , the lighting is subdued giving the place a nice cosy feeling.
Great place and great hosts and Connie the local friendly dog was delightful too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mikrik
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I was very disappointed with the customer service at this facility. I inquired about having my wedding there, and one of the owners, Gail, responded to me rather rudely. Rather than extending information to me in a courteous manner in regards to the local legalities of marriage (I am a foreigner,) she told me that "unfortunately, your getting married is not that simple." Every other place I have inquired at has been overly courteous, offering me discounts and packages, along with the courtesy of helping me arrange photographers and such. I find it rather disappointing that such a pretty place would ruin itself by not going out of their way to be civil to potential customers who would be spending a great deal of money there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank amelkonian
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Myself and my wife booked in to stay for a weekend and i must say that we had the time of our lives.
The views were outstanding from the bar, restaurant and our bedroom,although i am sure not all rooms would have the benefit of looking over the beautiful lawns and lake.
On our first night we enjoyed a fantastic meal in the restaurant which was reasonably priced considering the class of food served and ample sized portions and relaxed whilst watching the sunset over the lake from the patio.
Our room was quite big with a large ensuite,tea/coffee,tv and the most comfortable sleigh bed,along with the panoramic 'vista'.Most importantly everything was spotlessly clean!
Breakfast was eaten in the restaurant again but this time we watched as the marina(which is at the end of the lawn) came to life with boats of every size coming in or leaving.
On the second night we again ate in the restaurant and drank a bottle or wine or 2 or maybe it was 3! I had a 'ribeye' steak and my wife had monkfish with a pernod cream sauce and i must say that i have eaten in many places all around the world but i have never enjoyed a meal as much for as little money.

The food,the location,the ambience and the ultra friendly staff and management all made it for us.
Will definitely be back again,.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank itchyfeet074
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My wife and I stayed for three nights. The room was immaculate and very comfortable with a beautiful view over the lakes. We dined in the restaurant every evening and the food was delicious. We found the staff and owners very friendly and helpful. Would recommend Knockninny Marina to anyone. Very relaxing break.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Benlee33
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Myself and friends stoped on sunday for lunch only to get tin plum tomatoes for tomato soup, macdonald chips, terrible potatoes, plaice for seabass when we recieved the bill only to find our drinks which where paid for added to it and that a child roast beef dinner with no veg charged at 13.50 when asked about the price only to be told then at their was no kids menu or portions which should have been told to us at the time of ordering. The location is beautiful and relaxing very dispointed as we have just bought a boat and was looking forward to lazy sundays along the lough but will not be visiting here AGAIN

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank kimmcdowell2
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We berthed here overnight in our Cruiser at Easter. We ate in the restaurant. The food was delicious. We met the owners, husband and wife, Marshall and Gayle. They were both very friendly and welcoming. We did not stay in Knockninny as our cruiser was moored below at the jetty but Gayle gave us a tour of the bedrooms. They are spectacular! The entire house has been beautifully renovated and no expense has been spared on the decor. All rooms are spotlessly clean and warm and there is great peace to be found here. The views of Lough Erne from some of the bedrooms are just spectacular. They also have a room for civil partnership ceremonies. We will be returning to stay here! Highly recommended! The beautiful town of Enniskillen is just a short drive from here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CiaoWicklow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Lough Erne Resort
The Enniskillen Hotel
#6 of 7 in Enniskillen
15 mi away
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort

Been to Knockninny Country House & Marina? Share your experiences!