“A hidden gem”
Review of Leander Lodge

and 1 more site!
Leander Lodge
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here for one night as I passed through the area on a cycling trip around Northern Ireland. The owner Jim was very welcoming and helpful. I stayed in a twin room with en-suite and it was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was great, and the views of the Lake were beautiful. It was the perfect relaxing environment that I needed before I continued on my cycling adventure.
This Bed & Breakfast is another good reason to visit Fermanagh. I would definitely stay here again, and the rates are extremely reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
JimBT, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thanks Jim for your positive comments. You were an excellent guest.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed one night in Leander Lodge while attending a wedding nearby. The setting for the B&B is beautiful - just beside a lake and we had such a lovely warm welcome with tea and cakes. Very enjoyable and very friendly owners. Would definitely stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
JimBT, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. So glad you enjoyed your short stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed 1 night at Leander Lodge while attending a wedding at nearby Crom Castle, and wished afterward that we could have stayed longer. Jim gave us a very warm welcome, carrying our cases to our room and having tea and (delicious!) cakes with us on arrival. We stayed in the double (which had a double and a single bed in the room) at the front of the house, with views over Killyfole Lough. Our room was perfect - everything we needed, meticulously clean and very comfortable. The en suite was lovely too (shampoo and shower gel provided) with a great shower.

Jim very kindly offered to run us to and from the wedding (we drove instead but this was such a lovely offer that I had to include here!), and made a fantastic brekkie (we'd indicated on cards the day before what we wanted). He also allowed us to lock up and post the keys back through the door as he had to leave, so that we didn't need to rush out. We took a stroll around the lough before we headed off, and saw the black swan Jim had mentioned (take a 20p to buy some bird seed), which was a lovely, relaxing start to our day.

All in all - a fantastic b&b with great rooms, great location, great prices, and a welcome that makes you understand why people the world over talk about Irish hospitality. Thanks very much, Jim!

Room Tip: Both rooms at the front of the house had great views over Killyfole Lough. It also overlooks the ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JimBT, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thanks for your kind review. Glad you both enjoyed your stay. God Bless. Jim B

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We've Stayed at Little Leander twice now, which is the self catering apartment above the garage of Leander Lodge.
Absolutely loved it both times, as the location is second to none, being next to the wonderful Kilyfole Lough. Jim the owner is extremely helpful and will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one. On our arrival, Jim had stocked the fridge with fresh milk, and had left tea bags and biscuits for a welcome cup of tea. Every morning and evening we'd take a walk around the lake on the excellent footpath, and we'd get to watch the ducks and assorted wildlife. When we were there, one of the resident black swans had apparently been stolen, and the remaining male was a bit grumpy, but would walk right up to us, and follow us up the path.
A few miles away is the town of Lisnaskea, which was ideal to replenish our food stocks, and had plenty of eateries and friendly pubs. Around 20 miles away, is Enniskillen, the largest town in the county, and well worth a visit, with so many shops and great restaurants, and the largest Asda in the UK, or so I was told.
Well worth a visit is the Castle Cool estate, with fantastic walks and a magnificent country house. It was the venue for my Son's wedding photo shoot, when he married his lovely Irish bride.
Next time we're hoping to go mid summer, when more attractions are open, but there is no doubt we'll be back again. All in all, a superb location, a great apartment, and lovely hosts, well worth a visit if your ever thinking of visiting County Fermanagh..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim B, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you Ken. So glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights just after New Year. The setting is beautiful, next to a lovely lake...we had the ground floor room with a large en-suite, Very warm and nothing was too much trouble.We were made to feel very welcome.It is in a very quiet and peaceful location. We have already booked to go back again in the summer. I can highly reccommend Leander Lodge..

Room Tip: Ground floor room has disabled facilities in bathroom
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim B, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi Jane/Jim
Thank you for your TripAdvisor response. Hope your both keeping well.
Don't forget to call when you're back in Fermanagh.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was meeting some acquaintances at Lanesborough Lodge and wanted accommodation in County Fermanagh within the vicinity. Leander Lodge sounded just the ticket, so I had a good look at their informative website and called them.

Jim, the owner, told me that there was a room available.

I arrived about 4pm and the first thing that Jim did was to offer me a welcoming cup of tea and biscuits. We chatted in the residents' lounge for awhile, before I took my belongings to my room upstairs.

This bedroom overlooks the front garden, which has a a hen coup at the far end. No points for guessing where the fresh eggs come from at breakfast!

My bedroom was spacious and had everything I needed. Wi-fi is free (BT) and available throughout Leander Lodge, including the bedrooms.

My bed was very comfortable and warm. There is abundant hot water; indeed the roof of the Lodge has solar panels.

Jim and Isobel were having a party of friends for a barbecue that evening, so they very generously invited me along. The show kicked off at about 8.30 and tasty burgers, sausages, onions, salad, relish, ketchup and soft drinks were plentiful.

I have to say I appreciated this generosity greatly.

The veranda and decking at Leander Lodge is directly beside the tranquil and picturesque Killyfole Lough, which has a well-trodden footpath round its perimeter.

There are two resident black swans.

There are breakfast cards in the hall for guests to fill in, ticking the items they'd prefer for breakfast the next morning.

I breakfasted at 8.30 and this was no run-of-the-mill breakfast: Freshly-laid eggs, two fine chipolata sausages, back bacon, tomato, mushrooms, potato farl, Nutty Krust plain loaf toast (this is an Ulster speciality and very popular in the Province - try it!).

Also at the side-table were various cereals, including organic maple corn-flakes, which I liked.

Jim brought me a proper pot of tea and I had orange-juice.

He has an interesting collection of naval hats, including two from HMS Leander and HMS Belfast; and two fire brigade helmets.

Suitably fortified for the day ahead, I packed forthwith, settled up and bade Jim farewell.

For a wonderful discovery. Many thanks, once again, Jim and Isobel; hoping to revisit Leander some time in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tim B
Jim B, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hows the Earl doing? Thanks for your TripAdvisor review. Only got round to finding out how to reply to posts. Call in for a tipple whenever back in Fermanagh.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We recently spent a few days in the Fermanagh area and had occasion to stay in Leander Lodge. We stayed three nights initially and then did some touring in Donegal and returned to stay for the last night before we returned to mainland UK.

Firstly, the location of the B & B is in an outstanding area. Right outside the front door is Killyfole lake with a well kept walkway all round the lake which is brilliant for walkers and lovers of wildlife. There were two black swans, geese, various kinds of ducks together with coots and moorhens. A walk around the lake takes approximately 30 minutes depending on level of fitness.

The welcome from Jim, the proprietor, was second to none. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Great breakfast with various juices, fruit, cereals and you could choose the ingredients of your cooked breakfast the night before. There is a lounge in which you can relax in the evening. Jim is a mine of information regarding what to do and see in the area and is very helpful. One of the rooms is ideal for a disabled person.

There is a friendly dog, Chuckles, at the property as well as a few hens to provide fresh eggs. I would recommend Leander Lodge for your stay in this area without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick C
Jim B, Owner at Leander Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hope you're both well. Thanks for your TripAdvisor review. Only got round to finding out how to reply to posts. Call in for a tipple whenever back in Fermanagh.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Belmore Court Motel
Glendarragh Valley Inn
#6 of 21 in Enniskillen
Westville Watersedge Apartments
Carrybridge Lakeside Lodge

Been to Leander Lodge? Share your experiences!