“Quaint little place”
Review of Frou Frou

Frou Frou
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Frou Frou provides a place to relax and watch the world go by. With our wide range of Home Bakery goods and fantastic coffee you will not want to leave. Come in and sample our freshly made-to-order sandwiches and paninis, Home-made soups and variety of lunches. As part of Good Food Ireland, We offer good quality food sourced locally when possible. Watch out for our signature raspberry and white chocolate scones as well as our famous Pancake stacks!! See you there!
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The decor of this little shop is lovely - although I preferred it when they had a couch in the window. As it was a warm day we had an iced tea - which was more like a thick syrupy grenadine but delicious nevertheless. The food is very good. However the staff seemed surly and when some tourists entered and sat down at a table, clearly unsure of how to order, none came to assist them, instead standing chatting behind the counter. Personally I thought that was bad service. The bathroom was in bad condition - the tiles were unfinished, as was the floor. Although it is technically wheelchair accessible, due to a table beside it, it's awkward even for an able-bodied person to enter it, as the door can't open fully.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the most delicious lemon scone with lemon curd jam. My friend had Apple and cinnamon scone. My soup was carrot and lentil. The food was delicious all home made- the cakes were fantastic. There was a huge display of glorious cakes and all home made - This was Sunday - late morning and the place was buzzing. The two girls on the counter were very friendly and well dressed.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We just happened to stop here on our way to Galway and thought this wee cafe looked charming. I really liked the decor and there was a wide variety of cakes to select from for morning tea. I enjoyed the apple tart and husband said Victoria Sponge was delicious. However the best thing was the coffee. We live in NZ and couldn't get good coffee anywhere and this is the best so far, so we were glad we stopped at Frou Frou.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful frontage and nice concept for a tea room. Decadent cakes and bakes. Not that busy when I had afternoon tea but had to wait for my cake and coffee. Odd layout with tables but reckon a few tweaks to service and furniture would easily improve this cafe experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Looks like a nice place, traditional cups etc you could be fooled into thinking it was nice but on a closer look it needs an environmental health inspection! Buns siting out uncovered in the sweltering heat! That says it all!