“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Spotless restaurant, great food: Italian and European food very tasty. Right in the town centre, close to the mall

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Called into Mario's during the weekend and was shown to our table, offered drinks and orders taken, starters arrived and was very tasty but a little bit of a wait for the mains and a little bit longer for the sweet. Starter & Main course very fresh and tasty but Tiramisu was 'limp' and the chocolate pudding was equally limp, not freshly prepared. But good enough meal but quality dipped towards end...

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My partner and myself attended Mario's a few nights ago mid week. The restaurant was warm and welcoming and the waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. I went for my old favorite Bruschetta to start and a Rib-eye steak for main. Because these two courses were of such a high standard, I couldn't resist finishing off with the Tiramisu. All courses were of a high standard and the Tiramisu was to die for. I couldn't help but compliment the staff on the dining experience. I then learned the head chef wasn't even there that night!! I was informed that the Tiramisu was freshly made that day on-site. The Rib-eye literally melted in your mouth. (not what I expected of Rib-eye) Worthy of mention is that it was a quiet week day night, and I'm sure with some restaurants the temptation is always there to scale back on standard/quality.......This was NOT the case in Mario's!!! I recently ate at a top quality restaurant (Rosso) in Manchester, which was lovely, but Mario's Bruschetta was of a much higher standard. I opted for a glass of house red and it was so nice I ended up drinking 3 glasses. Overall as you expect i'd I can't recommend Mario's highly enough. I'm quite shocked to see bad reviews here! (We certainly were not sitting on plastic chairs lol) I will be back, hopefully with a few more people.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Just back tonight from my 1st visit to this restaurant with my partner......wish I'd visited sooner!! Attentive and knowledgable staff, lovely warm and cosy atmosphere, and an extensive menu to choose from. The food was excellent from start to finish, (inc the top class wine recommendations) really fresh flavoursome ingredients in all dishes! I had the garlic mushroom starter and King Prawn main dish.....fabulous!! I had Tiramisu for dessert and it was so light and fresh I'm sorry I shared it! I've visited Italy a number of times, and can safely say that this restaurant is every bit as good those I've visited on my trips!! Fresh, no fuss Italian dishes.....just the way Italian cooking should be!!! I highly recommend Mario's and will be back there very soon. I can't believe this place has received some poor reviews.....honestly, don't let that put you off!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Four of us went in just as place opened given menu by friendly waiter. Starter of goujons with herb dip received four anorexic overcooked chicken strips on a plate which had some type of balsamic sauce tattoed on it not very nice. Waitress served us our starters then the mains we all went for steak mine had pepper sauce and my partner had hers with garlic sauce. When the steaks arrived all four of us had asked for medium but they were almost well done and they arrived with sauce already poured on taking away the option of tasting the steak on its own for quality. We had a giggle at my partners steak which had what appeared to be a scoop of garlic icecream on top far too much. The sauce also had a skin on it .Each plate came with a portion of pasta in tomato sauce which was bland to say the least. The chips were overcooked and undercooked not very appealing. There was also italian elevator music playing which was comical. The staff were friendly but the service was slow even though there was only a table of two as well as our table of four. We asked for dessert menus but after 20 minutes of waiting and watching the waitress serve the other table we had to go search for staff to get the bill. The service and overall dining experience was poor and we will not be returning.

1  Thank Gr44blade