“Don't do it!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Railway Hotel Restaurant
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great in 1972 but I wouldn't `t go anywhere near it. There are nice places to eat in this town! While the food can be passable the decor and atmos are sooo dated its unreal!

1  Thank PartimeHolidaymaker
There are newer reviews for Railway Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The room was smaller than under my stairs, the shower was broken, the equipment was extremely dated and the breakfast...well.....I got a breakfast roll on the way down the road

1  Thank Phil_Dooley
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went with my wife and in-laws for Sunday Lunch. They have been frequent flyers to this restaurant for many years but this was my first time there.

Warmly welcomed and invited to sit at a free table. The restaurant was pretty bunged with regulars and seating is basic but comfortable. All of us enjoyed our Southern Fried Chicken Dinner and we got ample quantities of side orders. All the staff were polite and friendly.

If you'd like, you can also get your food as carry-out!

Don't come with enormous expectations for some glamorous hotel dinner. Tasty pub grub for the regular diner.

1  Thank RichardMcCrory106
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I went for Sunday lunch. The initial welcome was somewhat warm - sit wherever you like , we did and then were told ;'we were just about to 'hoover' this area. (the other areas were somewhat the worse for the wear of the night before! We offered to move but were told it is okay. It was a set Sunday menu - We ordered Salmon and Roast beef.Roast beef okay - Salmon presented almost black and inedible. Could not cut it with my knife but battled on (not wanting to complain as we set out to have a relaxing day) until I gave up or I should say, had to give up. Background noise was appalling language - from management/ locals in for a drink...When asked if meal was 'alright' I relunctantly and quietly told them the salmon was impossible to cut -let alone eat. I was told he would have a word and come back to me - He didn't and suddenly staff disappeared..
Eventually we went to pay for he meal - no apology No mention.

4  Thank Martha2008