“'Cosy'”

The Enniskillen Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Can't fault the place too much. Hotel and rooms are modern, stylish and undoubtedly of a four star standard. Staff very friendly and breakfast was very good. The room we were allocated was a bit pokey, and smelt like cigarettes every so often (a bit weird). But we would definitely stay there again but look for a larger room. Worth a stay.

Room Tip: Watch out for the samller rooms, they are super cosy and modern but not very spacious, which can be...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hi well where do I begin,we checked into the enniskillen hotel on the Sunday night for 4 nights,the minute we arrived we got the friendliest welcome, the room was lovely, room 2o5 we were in spotless, great space, and fabulous shower, housekeeping was fantastic always came back to a tidy room,we had meals in the hotel most nights and they were lovely, Alex served us on quite a few occasions and his manner, helpfulness, and professionalism was fabulous always happy and nothing was a bother to him, also Maria was so helpful, lovely manner, and happy, a pleasure to talk to,and again couldn't do enough for us, also Kelly who rang us a taxi was helpful and just so nice, just a very happy atmosphere,we loved every minute of our stay, Thankyou Alex,Maria,Kelly and all the staff. Went to newyears party music food, was just perfect, I can't wait to return, it's great to see staff happy and content in their work,john and I have been to many hotels but this one beats them all. From Maureen& John

Room Tip: 205 was so quiet,and at the back of the hotel.but any room in this hotel would be perfect
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bunny2576
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spent a great weekend here after the stress of Xmas.Having stayed here when it was previously the fortlodge hotel, We were pleasantly surprised by the change inside the hotel. The decor is fabulous, blacks greys an creams throughout. The staff were extremely efficient helpful and very friendly from we checked in until we left,I must give a special mention to alex an real gem. The food was excellent so good we ate in the hotel both nights and breakfast was amazing. The bedroom although a bit on the small side was very comfortable. Not much storage and could do with better lighting over mirrors for putting on makeup etc. Will def be returning again an bringing friends.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a superior room it probably bigger
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer m
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a meal in the bar the prevoius evening, value for money excellent, most meals were under £10.Praise goes to all the staff, couldn,t have been more helpfull.
The following night we actually stayed.Couldn,t find fault with the rooms, very comfortable.
Again the staff more than helpfull.
Good breakfast.

Room Tip: This Hotel is within 5 mins of Enniskillen centre.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here in October and found it excellent. I asked receptionist what the building had been before and she said it had been a run-down hotel. The new owners have done a lovely job and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Bar meal in evening was reasonably priced and good. Breakfast was very good too although I had to ask a couple of times for things that were missing e.g. marmalade and butter. Response was always prompt; its just a pity that I had to ask. Room was very comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the Enniskillen hotel for one night's B&B in late November. Overall it is a lovely hotel in a good location for easy walking access to Enniskillen town. The hotel has been stylishly refurbished, think lots of contemporary greys and blacks. The staff were great and could not have been more welcoming or helpful. Karen in particular, who was working on the front desk during our stay was a sheer delight to deal with. Charming, helpful and knowledgable, so a big thanks to her for helping sort out a couple of minor issues during our stay.

The rooms are a fairly standard size for a modern hotel. The decor again is very dark and the lighting very subtle. Lots of low hanging lamps which create a nice mood but not the best for reading and the reading lamps are a bit in your face halogen. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and everything worked.
Unfortunately our room must have been above the function room where Tesco staff were having their Christmas party. The noise from the disco was pretty loud so sleep quality was compromised until the party ended.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious with a lovely selection of buffet continental and freshly cooked breakfast to order, which is always much better than those hot buffets. Service was quick and again the staff were lovely.

The only other minor annoyance was that we had thought about eating in the bar that evening, but on looking at the menu, whilst there was a good range of the usual dishes, lasagne, steak, burgers etc. there were not salad options. That helped us make our mind up and we ate elsewhere in the town.

So not quite a 5 star rating. I wanted to give it 4.5 but that was not an option, so apologies to the staff if 4 stars seems mean, as they certainly deserve 5 stars, but the few glitches meant I had to mark it down slightly, so overall a 4 star

Room Tip: Ensure you aren't above the function room if there's a disco going on - it can be noisy!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was attending a wedding reception in this hotel as a guest with my partner on Sat 16 November. When arriving at the hotel, the young receptionist was very polite and helpful.
We went to our room, which I must say was very clean and dust free, only down fall was we could hear noise traveling from down stairs.
We went to the reception suite which was well presented and set, the service staff served our drinks and were very pleasant. We sat at our tables to be served reception dinner, after the starter course I nipped to the toilets in the main hotel passing what seem to be a function kitchen were the reception meal was being served from. I noticed a man in a white shirt who I assumed was a maitre’d as he was directing the service staff, to my astonishment I notice him helping and handling food going on to the wedding reception dinner plates, then licking his fingers and continuing handling more food without washing, on more observation I seen chef’s working frankly handling food without utensils to get food on the plates, I observed only one wearing gloves.
I went back to my table were I explained what I had seen to my partner, (neither of us could complete our dinner), who requested I say nothing to the wedding family as we were guests.
After dinner and ceremonial affairs, I was at reception regarding another matter, again were the receptionist was courteous and helpful, I noticed the man with abysmal food hygiene ethics at the desk and to my amazement, the receptionist was referring to him as the general manager!! no sense in voicing my hygiene concerns to him.

I also notice staff handing cheeses and meat on the breakfast cold buffet table, seemingly this must be the natural unhygienic habits in this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Request a room at front of Hotel to avoid noise from below
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank hospitality-news
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Westville Hotel
Mahon's Hotel
Mahon's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club

Been to The Enniskillen Hotel? Share your experiences!