I stayed at the Killyhevlin Hotel for one night on Thursday 25th April 2013. This lovely four star hotel is set in a most beautiful setting overlooking Lough Erne and is a well equiped and comfortable place to stay for a relaxing trip. On arrival the very welcoming reception staff were very friendly and I was quickly checked in. The room was lovely , well equiped and very comfortable. In the evening I had a very good meal in the restaurant and the food was very nice. All in all I had an enjoyable evening with a few drinks after my meal in the bar. The staff I encountered were all very friendly and added to the overall experience.
The next morning at breakfast however was a very different experience. I was served bacon eggs etc by a member of staff who appeared to be there to make sure that not too much food was eaten. I asked for a slice of bacon and was given a part of a slice. I had ask for an extra sausage etc. The overall experience was that I felt like a beggar. This lady is not needed in this position as the only possible reason for her being there was to oversee the portion control. I went and sat to eat my meagre breakfast and was very angry at how I had been treated. This experience ruined what should have been a good trip. On checking out next morning the reception staff once again saved the day as the young lady on reception is just so customer friendly and pleasant. However,I would not choose to stay at the Killyhevlin Hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique views and a contemporary modern style greet you at the award winning 4* Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel and Lodges. Enjoy breath-taking views over scenic Lough Erne to Cuilcagh Mountain or avail of our newly equipped "Health Klub". Get pampered at our "Kalm Spa": specialists in Elemis luxurious Rituals and products then rest in our quiet relaxation suite sipping herbal teas and nibbling on fresh fruit. Wine and dine a la carte style in "Kove", afternoon tea in "Konservatory" or enjoy a choice from our Lakeside grill menu and sip this month's recommended "Kocktail" in Killyhevlin's Lakeside Lounge and bar. Surrounded by private grounds and landscaped gardens, the hotel is located only 1 km from the historic town of Enniskillen in Co. Fermanagh, renown for its National Trust great houses and a 600 year old castle, now housing two museums. We are looking forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killyhevlin Hotel Enniskillen
- Hotel Killyhevlin
- Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges Enniskillen, Northern Ireland