“A fantastic experience in every respect”
Review of Westville Hotel

Westville Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Belfast
“A fantastic experience in every respect”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from probably one of the best weekends we have had in years. From the minute we arrived at the Westville we were made to feel like we were the only guests staying there even though the hotel was fully booked all weekend. Mary on reception is such a professional and deserves commendation for her friendliness and helpfulness. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. There is a really nice bar serving good food and if Pearse the barman is on duty he is somewhat of an afficionado on cocktails - he makes a mojito to die for and is also a very friendly guy - I think he will go far with his career in the hospitality industry. We had dinner in the restaurant on Saturday night and it can only be described as a "dining experience." The food was first class as was the service and the ambience. The entertainment in the bar on Saturday was also excellent and an unexpected bonus. Bar is well priced too - not a rip off like some hotels £2.90 for a pint and £4.95 for a cocktail! Well done to the management for putting together such a professional operation and ensuring that guests are looked after by a first class team of staff. Definitely not our last trip to the Westville. Customer Service at it's best

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
eglinton
Reviewed February 9, 2010

A group of us went here to celebrate my sister's 40th Birthday. From the moment we arrived we were treated so well. Check in was speedy and courteous. My room had a king size bed and the bathroom is the biggest and most modern i have had in any hotel. The walk in shower was fantastic. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Friday night and the food was exquisite. The chef even did a special dessert for the party girl! The attention to detail from all staff was exceptional. There was music in the bar both nights we stayed and it got us all in great form to enjoy a few drinks (which we certainly did). Breakfast was first class with a choice of cereals and then an order was taken for your cooked breakfast. The food was piping hot and cooked to perfection. We had a wonderful time and have great memories of our trip. Would recommend this without hesitation to any one. My husband and I are hoping to go ourselves now for a weekend break. Top marks to the hotel manager Patrick Cooley and his staff who treated us so well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Joanne005, General Manager at Westville Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2010
Dear Annasars,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor.
It was a pleasure to look after you and your sister on the occasion of her birthday. Im so glad that you enjoyed the food in the Terrace restaurant and i have passed on your comments to our Head Chef.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your husband at the Westville in the near future.
Once again thanks for the wonderful feedback.
Pat Cooley
Glasgow
Reviewed January 30, 2010

The Westville Hotel is situated perfectly for town centre visits and has local shops within a couple of minutes walking range. You would easily pass this hotel thinking it was far too expensive for the average person, but how wrong you would be.

This was my first visit to the Westville and was greeted by the Reception Manager (Mary) who was an absolute delight. Extremely professional, efficient and caring. This hotel feels like a family run establishment which is no bad thing. The rest of the staff were extremely friendly and caring. One of the best for customer service I’ve received and I’ve been to a good few hotels all over Ireland.

The rooms were beautiful and the bathrooms just as nice. Nice to see an iron and iron table which is so often forgotten about these days. Everything you need within a hotel is provided in my opinion. You will find things in the hotel room which are really nice personal touches, it may be small things in comparrision but it makes all the difference knowing that the hotel management actually take pride in each and every room.

The bar food was excellent as well as the service again. Good choice and reasonable prices. The restaurant looks gorgeous and the breakfast was to die for!!

You will also see the proprietor around the hotel often, making sure his guests are well looked after, again, another good sign that management are not afraid to engage with their customers, something which is so sadly lacking these days.

Security of the hotel is provided with 24 hour coverage and a gate securing the cars from unwanted attention which is good. The car park is also covered with CCTV giving additional protection.

Security within the hotel is one of the best with CCTV in almost every lobby, if not all lobbies, this is extremely comforting if you were a female visitor to the hotel. It's always nice to know that there are extra security measures in place to safeguard visitors and staff.

To sum up: Excellent hotel, excellent customer service, excellent food. I'd fully recommend this hotel to anyone. I'll certainly be recommending this hotel to my colleagues and associates.

Many thanks Westville

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2010

A genuine five out of five for all of the categories.

I stayed here just before Christmas 2009 - the receptionist was extremely nice on the phone and she sorted me out for a an excellent business rate for the night - just £70.

The hotel was modern and very inviting with a well appointed bar and beautiful decor throughout.

I was dog tired and just headed straight for my room - it was superb, and it put many a five star hotel I have stayed in to shame. A large screen TV, sumptuous double bed with first class quilts, covers and pillows, impeccably clean.

The bathroom was very spacious and extremely inviting and stylish, the shower was just wonderful and the towels fluffy and plentiful.

I had a wonderful night's sleep and woke up feeling completely refreshed. I headed down for breakfast expecting the usual buffet but I was pleased to find that I would be treated to table service - my Ulster Fry was delicious and freshly cooked and the waiter was extremely pleasant.

This was a very quick visit, but it has left a lasting impression on me. The Lough Erne Resort and the Killyhevlin are far better known hotels, but they are well out of town. If you can forgo the delights of a swimming club and fitness suite this is the perfect hotel for you if you are staying in the Enniskillen area - only a stones throw from the buzz of this thriving town, it offers Irish hospitality at its very best.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
ireland
Reviewed January 14, 2010

i was in the town for christmas shopping and after a tiring day my wife suggested booking into a hotel for the night. from the moment we entered the reception we were treated like old friends we had dinner in the bar which was excellent ,top class service provided by the bar staff .
the bedroom was again top class, i certainly will be staying at the westville on my next shopping trip to enniskillen

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I am just back from a fantastic one day break in Enniskillen with my mum. We stayed in the Westville hotel and both agreed that this was a very nice hotel and we will definitely be back! Staff were extremely pleasent from the moment we arrrived to the moment we left! Rooms were also spotless and very modern, with chocolates and fruit waiting for us on arrival. We got the sunday night deal which was 70 pound altogether for the two of us, in an executive room with free bed and breakfast and as I booked online I got a discount of about 6 pound. Not bad at all! The hotel was easy to find and it wasn't far for us to walk to and from shops. We went to the cinema during our stay and made a mistake of walking to it (at night), this was quite scary and we recommend getting a taxi or driving yourself as it a bit out of town... I was glad I was with my mum :-) When we arrived back at the hotel that night we were very hungry and asked to get bar food up to the room at about 11:30pm, given the fact that there was only one porter staff on, he did a very good job of putting together sandwiches and quiche for us. He was very nice about it and also brought up extra tea and coffee! The beds were also very comfortable, the room was a bit on the warm side and we were woken at 8 am with a very loud on-going fan-like noise, however we put this aside considering how good everything else was! Unfortunately I made the mistake of thinking that the breakfast stopped at 10:30 (which it does at weekends. When we arrived down at 10:10 we were very apologetically told that it finished at 10 on weekdays and the chef had just packed up and left. The staff immediately got us cereal, toast and coffee and and made sure we were okay even though it was our fault. They couldn't have been more apologetic and although we were the only ones left in the room we were not made feel stupid or rushed like I have felt in other hotels. All in all, myself and my mum are very satisfied with this hotel and its staff. Are only wish was that the check out time was a little bit later that 11 am :-)
It was a great christmas present for my mum and everything i needed for a break away from college exams!
A huge thanks to all the staff! See you all soon!

Stayed January 2010
n.ireland
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Arrived at hotel hotel, very nicely decorated, room comfortable. Had booked 2nights bed, breakfast and 1 dinner as a package. Dinner turned out to be a fiasco. The menu WE were allowed was table d'hote. Extremely limited not to mention that at least one item on each course had a supplement. Notably other guests around us had A La Carte menus which we were not offered nor were we offered the luxury of a "Pre-starter" other guests received.We felt we were being treated as 2nd class. Soup was tasteless, partners 2 ridiculous 50p portion sized chicken terrine slices were embarrassingly served on a large plate with a lonely piece of "grass". Chicken for mains was the smallest ever served up in any restaurant visited. Veg and potatoes arrived rock hard. Then for Dessert.. out loud and in front of other guests it was pointed out the "as we were on a package" we had limited menu choice and we could have had an upgraded menu at a charge, this was never pointed out to us..... Dessert turned out to be only 1 choice.. 4 tiny squares one of which was a thimble of ice-cream!! An upgrade for dessert was offered at £5.00. Totally disgusted at the way we were treated and the portions/quality of food served up.
Breakfast also disappointing - service poor with one waiter, tea arrived when cooked breakfast nearly finished, toast order wrong...what more can I say about this restaurant!!
Xmas present ruined!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twinmum42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
The Enniskillen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown
The Valley Hotel
The Valley Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fivemiletown

Been to Westville Hotel? Share your experiences!