“A great day - learnt lots & had fun with friends”

Belle Isle Cookery School
Ranked #15 of 40 things to do in Enniskillen
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently attended a one day cookery course at Belle Isle as a group of 6 friends. We made a weekend of it and booked into one of the self-catering cottages. What a great weekend we had. The accommodation is of a high standard and the setting is just wonderful. Charles, as Belle Isle manager, does a great job of both keeping the place in great shape and welcoming guests.

The cookery school itself is small and perfectly formed. Great that the groups are not too big - you really do get the personal touch. Our teacher was professional, easy to follow and gave lots of little hints and tips as we went along. We all had a great day and would definitely go again. Our only criticism is that the day was a bit short for what we paid. You do pay for a ‘one day course’ but really only get from 10am to 2pm cooking instruction.

There are newer reviews for Belle Isle Cookery School

Reviewed March 6, 2012

The "sauce" class I took was both educational and fun. Liz did a wonderful job. The schedule was very ambitious, no time to be bored. Loved it!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I was given a voucher for Christmas from my wife to go to the School of Cookery.
My brother in law decided to join me , and both our families made a long weekend by staying in Fermanagh.
I had booked '20 minute suppers' as my course. We were put into pairs (I with my bro in law) and through out the day cooked 4-5 meals. We were also showna few demonstration dinners by the owner.
Lunch was one of the dinners we had cooked, and dinner in the afternoon was a buffet of all the other meals we had done.
Definitely a different way to spend the day - would like to go back and try a different course.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

My wife and I have just spent a day on an Indian cookery course at Belle Isle. We have previously attended similar courses at Ballymaloe in Cork. The course ran from 10 am until approximately 2.30 pm when the students then ate the fruit of their labours. The course was full (14 students) and was a combination of watching (demonstrations) then doing (cooking). It was a thoroughly enjoyable day with my only minor criticism would be with a 10 o'clock start and a 2.30 finish, there could do with a bit more time especially as the introductions and do's and dont's/admin take until 1030 to get through.

3  Thank 2016-Paul
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I have just returned from my first visit to the Belle Isle Cookery School and I am exhausted, contented and exhilarated. I had a great day's cooking, met and worked with a lovely bunch of people and ate stunning food. The staff were uber professional, charming and good craic. Our chef was Liz Moore and what a superb teacher and cook she is, an inspirational lady. She has a passion for good, simple food and taught us how to make incredible dishes. I love food, I love cooking, but had no idea how simple it would be to make fantastic food, which would normally be served at the best restaurants. I stayed over night on the estate and it was a real treat. The area is gorgeous. The only noise I could hear were cows, birds and insects, there were no cars, no traffic, no loud music, just total peace and quiet. The accomodation is beautiful, functional and very comfortable. It is self catering so pack the basics, tea, coffee, milk, butter and a bottle of bubbly. You are very well fed during the cookery course and I hope they offer you their caramel squares during the day. They are divine.
A lot of people say its a nice place for couples and family. I went solo and would encourage anyone who would love to do a course or even visit the estate to do so, irregardless of company. Never wait for someone else to do something with you, if you want to do it, do it.

5  Thank ladymuck35