“LET DOWN”

Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

well first day of our holidays we had a buy a gift voucher for Christmas so I decided to use it for a Sunday meal for me and hubby 08/09/2013 as I went in I told them I had pre booked and was un sure what to do with voucher he asked to look at voucher not realising what it was and had to go to office to inquire great start and then we were showed to the restaurant I did feel a bit out of place very posh but we ordered one pot of tea and a cordial we ordered our meal we both had tiger prawns in tampurer batter with a fantastic what I would say was a lime and honey dressing ok it was starters 3 prawns each if this is what starters is like I am in for a treat with my main meal which was lamb in a red wine jeus veg roasties omg the veg was blanched lamb very fatty infact I was gutted with this meal or did we get the crap because we paid with our buy a gift voucher I don't know so in total dinner for two with the tea and cordial came to roughly 72 quid what a rip off ok lovely building but I cant eat a building would I eat there again NO service was good but if that's how well of people eat then my advice save your money go to weatherspoons at least you know your getting what you pay for lol

2  Thank debsteph1962

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Food, wine and service all excellent. We had all our meals there and there was nothing to criticise.

2  Thank SnoozeOliver48
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is a must visit for those with families. It was the inspiration for Toad Hall in The Wind in the Willows and tries very hard to be family-friendly. In addition to a very good value cordon bleu three course meal in the old hall (£19.50) you can expect entertainment for the children in the gardens via a trampoline, flying fox, lawn games and more. The best meal we have had in the 2.5 weeks we spent in Cornwall.

1  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have visited Fowey Hall Hotel and Restaurant on several occasions. My visits are primarily based on my love of the beautiful building and its surroundings, although there are other qualities that should be noted. The menu is extensive and you should have no trouble finding something to suit your pallet, what ever your preferences. The food has improved in leaps and bounds and since my first visit about 2 years ago, the standard of the food has become very impressive. Delicious, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented, I definitely feel that the food is right up there with the best food in Cornwall. Fowey Hall presents the perfect setting, particularly if you like the traditional over the modern. (although they do cater for people who prefer the modern take on things). I have never met such obliging staff, who on 21st July truly made my birthday one of the most enjoyable yet. With great attention to detail, the lovely people at Fowey Hall made my evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone. Attentive staff, in a beautiful historic building that has been furnished to suit its period.. what more could you want? Thank you very, very much for making me feel so special. I will definitely be back. After reading a couple of the other reviews, I feel that I really must express my shock that some people have an issue with the staff and the service...really?!!! I have always been treated with courtesy and they have always been more than willing to make my visit a pleasurable one. I have been there when they have been extremely busy (Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, birthdays) but the quality of service has never faltered. Every member of staff can be found smiling and willing. I do wish some holiday makers didn't make it their life's work to moan and complain. The guys at Fowey Hall are amazing (and trust me, I am not easily pleased) and they truly deserve some credit.

2  Thank J 1
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Fowey Hall offers a stunning location and fabulous customer service. The food is great and the staff awesome. Why go any where else? Fowey Hall demonstrates Fowey at its best. Food to die for, the most outstanding surroundings, attentive and courteous staff. There is no hotel in Cornwall, leave alone Fowey to match the outstanding attention to detail delivered by Fowey Hall hotel.

1  Thank J 1