“Nice on a sunny day!”

Food for Thought Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The best thing about this place is their outside seating - its great to sit out on the harbourside in the sunshine. The food is ok, for me this place works because of its location. Interestingly we had to wait for a table because it was sunny, the next day we walked past and there wasn't a person sat outside!! Worth a visit!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Celebrated my 65th on Sunday 5th May.I cannot speak too high for the effort made by "Frankie" for making this a truly memorable day!! Table for 7 with 4 dogs,no problem.Food very good even allowing for the delay in service,Oives and Bread supplied complimentary.Chilled bottled Doombar even better than the draught.Many thanks for the Brandy and may you continue to provide the relaxed and welcome atmosphere.Look forward to my next visit to Cornwall.I know where I shall be eating

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited on a Saturday lunchtime at 2pm. The outside area which overlooks the river was busy but we were lucky to find someone leaving and get a table. Our menus arrived within a couple of minutes and our order taken a few minutes after that. We then had to wait about 25 minutes for our food which wasn't a problem to us as we were in no hurry and thoroughly enjoying watching the world go by. The food was very good quality and tasty. I had moules and frites with nice fresh bread (which I had to ask for) to soak up the delicious juices. My wife had mushroom risotto which she enjoyed. The slow service might have been an issue for anyone in a hurry but the relaxed riverside location on a warm sunny day is well worth taking in. The prices are quite expensive but if you don't want to spend too much and enjoy the atmosphere call in for coffee when the lunch service has finished at 2.30pm and sit and watch the world go by.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

After visiting your restaurant I must say that it is a very lovely place for a family lunch. Beautiful view, delicious food however dishes are a little bit too big for this kind of restaurant. We had to wait too long for main courses but I think it was because the restaurant was very busy.
I would like to recommend excellent menu especially sea food paella; it was exceptional.
Service very nice and helpful.
When you are in Fowey ,you must visit this restaurant!!!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We called here for lunch having inspected the menu on display on the board outside and made our selection. Having chosen a table a waiter brought both a la carte menus and a lunch menu. He tried to explain in poor English that some lunch dishes were not available. After a struggle we managed to ascertain that most of the dishes on the lunch menu were not available and we were advised to choose from the a la carte menu.
We waited for over half an hour for the food to arrive When we complained we were told that the kitchen was undergoing renovation.. No napkins were provided. We ordered a small portion of bread and were given a large basketful. The food was passable although the salad leaves in the Caesar salad were soggy.
All in all, not a pleasant dining experience. At the end of the meal we were offered a free coffee which we declined.

we
THe problem seems to have been that the kitchen was undergoing renovation. This was not explained to us when we arrived.