The property we chose is in a lovely position and I imagine that when it was freshly renovated and decorated it was indeed the immaculate property I was expecting. However, attention to detail was lacking and time has taken it's toll a bit.
We also found the owner incredibly inflexible in our dealings with him.
Attention to detail was something that was rather lacking:
- large amounts of dust and cobwebs in ceiling corners of 1st floor area
- 2 of the wicker dining chairs embedded with food on the seats
- one dining wicker chair nearly worn through on the seat
- green mould on edge of shower glass in downstairs bedroom en suite
- carpets in need of a deep clean downstairs - clearly the floor doesn't get hoovered behind the door as this was grey with dust as was the floor inside the master bedroom cupboard
- uncomfortable (cheap?) mattress on lower bunkbed (springs very evident)
- outside seating area dominated by a boat that isn't for use of guests. This was extremely ugly and made sitting outside unappealing. This was not on the photos displayed on the website until the week after we returned.
- I gather from the owner that the council won't collect recycling but there should be containers to store it in at least - also information on where to recycle.
- we were initially only left four towels for four people. We did have some more left but nearly all were fraying, stained with bleach or had holes in.
- Very surprised not to have had a change of bed linen or towels during our two week stay.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|