Have just returned from a two night break on a Travelzoo deal at the Old Ferry Inn. Five stars for the welcome, the service and the food. The main building is over four hundred years old and account has to be taken of that. Our room had a fantastic view over the river to Fowey and there was always something to look at. A short ferry crossing and you can walk around Fowey although I have to say that now winter is coming along Fowey was a bit dead. (A warning here, don't intend to visit Polperro in the winter, you will get ripped off for car parking as the minimum charge is £4!)
Dogs are allowed everywhere except the Restaurant where breakfast is taken but that does not present a problem as you can eat any other meals in the bar.
Be prepared for a bit of hill climbing though as the small car park is up a very steep hill and there is not really a suitable place to walk your dog. The Inn is on a 'Y' junction with the ferry landing and its uphill on both arms of the 'Y'!
That is the only reason for not giving the Inn five stars which of course is not any fault of theirs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Fowey River Estuary in the picturesque village of Bodinnick, The Old Ferry is a quintessential Cornish Inn that has been providing accommodation and refreshment for over 400 years. We overlook the Bodinnick to Fowey ferry which can trace its roots back to the 13th Century, and 'Ferryside' the former family home of Daphne du Maurier. The Inn with its relaxed and warm welcome has many traditional features including a wood burner and stone slate floor, and is full of old photographs, nautical bric-a-brac and memorabilia. The perfect place to while away time during the winter months.Our panoramic restaurant gives fantastic river views towards the town of Fowey and the village of Polruan. There are also south facing outside terraces which also have splendid estuary views, and capture the sun all day, a perfect retreat for a summers day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Old Ferry Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ferry Inn Bodinnick Hotel Fowey
- The Old Ferry Inn Fowey, Cornwall