Everyone seems to agree you cant fault the view our room(9)was spacious clean and bright the en suite shower and toilet was small but o.k.the shower was especially good and always hot.The wash basin is in the bedroom,no problem for us.We found the staff without exception cheerful and efficient.Our luggage was delivered to our room and back to the car on departure.All good so far but I am truly sorry cannot praise the food.Frozen chips and veg all pre cooked and warmed up for service a lack of any freshly prepared meals.Exceptions were the seafood chowder,crab bisque ,my wife enjoyed a nice piece of sole.We didnt enjoy fish and chips,belly pork,confit of duck etc.all overcooked.Breakfast was good every morning.Food good and hot service fine.Final comment about the parking I had no problem at all and always found space in the carpark.This couple of old uns managed the couple of yards up the hill no problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Fowey River Estuary in the picturesque village of Bodinnick, The Old Ferry is a quintessential Cornish Inn that has been providing accommodation and refreshment for over 400 years. We overlook the Bodinnick to Fowey ferry which can trace its roots back to the 13th Century, and 'Ferryside' the former family home of Daphne du Maurier. The Inn with its relaxed and warm welcome has many traditional features including a wood burner and stone slate floor, and is full of old photographs, nautical bric-a-brac and memorabilia. The perfect place to while away time during the winter months.Our panoramic restaurant gives fantastic river views towards the town of Fowey and the village of Polruan. There are also south facing outside terraces which also have splendid estuary views, and capture the sun all day, a perfect retreat for a summers day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Old Ferry Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ferry Inn Bodinnick Hotel Fowey
- The Old Ferry Inn Fowey, Cornwall