Fowey Hall
  • Room Service
$107
$149
  • Pool
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
$173
$186
$154
Best Western Fowey Valley(Lostwithiel)(Great Value!)
$80
$142
Royal Oak Inn(Lostwithiel)
$122
$101
The Claremont Hotel(Polperro)(Great Value!)
$69
All reviewszip wirefamily hotelhot tubkids clubthe baby listening servicespa treatmentsthe main hotelcinema roomoutdoor jacuzziluxury hotelbuckets and spadesafternoon teagrown upsyoung familiesschool holidaysthree childrenfamily break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Perhaps we should have complained more directly but two days without being able to have a hot shower at those prices is just not right. We had many minor problems that I wouldn't normally mention but added up I was expecting something of an apology or at least the offer for a tea on the house but got nothing.. so: the first night the sofa bed was not made up for our children and I would have made it myself but upon returning to room after 9pm couldn't find any extra sheets so kids slept on unmade sofa for one night. Our front door and balcony doors had very difficult locks and caused no end of trouble. We weren't given the code to the pool house but luckily another guest let us in - we had walked over in suits and robes! Our shower never worked properly although management came to our room to show us and it worked briefly but after trying for about 30 min. on two occasions we gave up and took baths (so there was hot water) and anything this complicated is not ideal for a luxury bath. Our mattress was also springy and thin. That said, the furniture was lovely (real antiques), the food expensive but good and the service very friendly and helpful. The hotel is extremely child-friendly and even allows dogs in rooms and parts of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be in main part of hotel not in the extensions
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bwack
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear “Bwack”

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am so sorry that there were a number of issues during your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies. Rather than responding in writing, I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you in person so that I can understand the issues further and more importantly, make amends. Please call me at the hotel on 01726 833 866 at your convenience
I was pleased to learn that you found the hotel friendly, the food good and that we were very child friendly too.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to talking with you.

With kind regards

Chris Williams

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here last weekend with my wife and 4 year old son and have to say it was excellent.
We arrived slightly early for checkin but were greeted by the manager Chris and checked in by a friendly recetionist who showed us round the ground floor.

The room was large and overlooed the garden and sea.
had room service on the first night, the food was excellent and they even knocked on the door quietly as they knew our son was sleeping, nice touch.
Cooked breakfast was lovely, service good and next day they remebreed which hot drinks we ordered previously, again nice touch.

The whole team were friendly and very welcoming of children, really relaxed about families and their little ways.
You can arrange for the kids to go to the den but we did not take this up. The tramopline proved very popular with our son indeed!

The entrance has buckets and spades you can borrow and wellies if you need them.
The dolls house in the small lounge was delighful and the views from the drawing room are lovely.

a great place to stay if you have kids and we would certainly go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David K
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear "David K"

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an excellent weekend with your wife and son when you stayed with us last weekend. I will pass on your feedback to the team here.

I am delighted that you will be coming to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Fowey Hall.

Kind regards

Chris Williams (General Manager) and the Fowey Hall Team

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Very expensive for what you get. Very Poor service, rooms run down. I would not recomened staying here. I think the management has recently changed and the charm of the hotel has gone. I really hope it improves as we used to love this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alistair C
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear “Alistair C”

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was really sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, please accept my apologies.

Rather than responding in writing I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you in person so that I can understand where we went wrong and most importantly make amends. Please give me a call at the hotel on 01726 833 866 at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to talking with you.

Chris Williams

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband, daughter (7)and I had a really lovely weekend away here . We arrived quite late on Friday and we were given a room in the extended building . Our room was absolutely lovely with a fantastic bathroom on suite and had patio doors opening onto the grounds . In the morning we had a great breakfast with excellent service . ( We have 2 businesses with b & b rooms ourselves ) The spa was good and the pool too , and they have a wonderful kids club.In the evening we had an exceptional meal . Thank you

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PenzanceShevy
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear "PenzanceShevy"

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful weekend with your husband and daughter when you stayed with us in January. I will pass on your feedback to the Team here at Fowey Hall & when you do visit us again, you will start to see some of the refurbishment work we are tastefully and sympathetically carrying out to this iconic building.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Warm regards
Chris Williams (General Manager) and the Fowey Hall team

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The hotel was great,rooms with everything you would need,wifi seemed to work everywhere.Lots os spaces to sit and chat,drink or work in comfortable sofas,although there is no bar area as such.The only let down was Sunday morning no one was around to serve breakfast apart from the receptionist Laura,who didn't know whether to make coffee,slice grapefruit segments or answer the phones.The breakfast team eventually turned up at 7.50am telling me they had all overslept!Apart from that one mishap the 3 day stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2012
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am so sorry that we were late in serving breakfast to you when you stayed with us recently, there is no excuse for this, please except my apologies. I was pleased to learn that overall you found the hotel friendly as well as relaxing and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fowey Hall in the future.

Kind regards