“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #12 of 25 Fowey B&B and Inns
Luton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night. We received a warm welcome and were provided with tea on the terrace upon arrival. Parking is available on the street outside. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Coffee and teas were provided in each room as were water filters. Short walk away from the town centre. The views from the B&B were absolutely incredible and you could see down to the river and sea. A wide variety of breakfast options were available and the food was great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
bedford
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Gill did not make us feel welcome when we arrived to leave our car at River View on the Monday. We were hoping to leave a couple of overnight bags there whilst we spent the next 2 days doing the Saints Way walk. We ended up leaving it in a car park. 2 days later she apologised to our chums. The venue is nice and comfortable but not really convenient for the town centre. We really wanted a room with a bath, but there aren't any. The breakfast was well cooked and OK. That initial "moment of truth" blew it for us and we would not recommend this establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Lovely rooms, location, breakfast, owner, what more could you want. From the minute we arrived, we were made to feel most welcome. I stayed here in a single, ample sized room, along with my son & his partner in their double with a fantastic view of the town, and we can't speak highly enough of our stay. If we're back in Fowey again, this will be our first choice.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My first trip to Fowey for the Du Maurier Festival last year was marred by a disappointing guest house run by a disagreeable landlady. This year could not have been more different. Gill Histon at River View was everything a hostess should be - warm, welcoming and accommodating. Her guest house is immaculately clean, warm and inviting with amazing views, as its name suggests with a cosy and inviting breakfast room and beautifully fitted en suite bedrooms. Her breakfast choices were varied and deliciously cooked - she even offered vegetarian sausages which was a bonus for me. She well deserves her four star status and I would happily choose River View again. Exceptional value , faultless in cleanliness and cheerfulness.

Room Tip: If I return next year I will pay extra for the double room which has its own patio and the stunning...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was in Fowey for a few days on my own and was a little bit nervous, but was made to feel very welcome and at ease by both the lady who runs River View and herfriendlyd.

On arrival I was offered tea and shown to my room, which had been upgraded from a single to a double at no extra cost. The room was clean and tidy, and a good size with a nice ensuite bathroom.

Each morning I was presented with a fantastic cooked breakfast, and there was always plenty of other choices if I didn't fancy that. I felt that the owners would do whatever they could for you if they were able to, and were more than happy to offer advice about things to do in the area but not in a pushy way. I was even offered a lift to the Eden Project one day, which I thought was really kind.

There is a bit of a walk into town, which is uphill on the way back, but it didn't bother me and heloed me to feel like I was burning off all those pasties and cream teas!

As for having to walk through the kitchen to get up to the room....I had no issue with it at all. It was actually lovely to stay somewhere that felt so homely, friendly and laid back, rather than somewhere stuffy where the host shows little interest.

I would stay again and would definitely recommend River View to others.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank loobeloo1980
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After visiting two disappointing B&B's this summer we were very pleasantly surprised to find this B&B to be far superior to the other two we had visited. The room was lovely with amazing views and the hosts couldn't have been more friendly and concerned that we were enjoying our stay. The breakfast was excellent, everything we could have wanted. It was also very reasonably priced. Couldn't find any fault with River View at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hazel P
Bucks
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed in the double ground floor room - clean and appears recently decorated to a modern taste. A friendly non fussy greeting from the owner who welcomed with fresh coffee and very quickly left to let us settle in. The room had double doors opening onto the terrace with a table and chairs to sit and enjoy the view and it felt private and comfortable to sit in. Breakfast very good and cooked exactly as asked for with good selection of cereals to choose from.
You do walk through the owners kitchen but this did not bother us as a key was given to come and go as you wish. Only 4 rooms make it a Ideal personal B&B

Room Tip: Ground floor room has doors opening onto a terrace
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple