“Off our list to visit again”
Review of The Boathouse - CLOSED

The Boathouse
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Wiltshire, England
“Off our list to visit again”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We'd been for a long walk around the estuary and decided the Boat House had the best views for a coffee and somewhere to sit with a dog. It was about 3pm and it was closed but others were sat drinking coffees and when I asked them they said it was owned by the attached bar and to order in there. I politely waited 5 minutes in the bar to order coffees and the waitress in the Restaurant saw me waiting but made no effort to come through. So I approached her and somewhat reluctantly my order was taken. When the coffees were served she told us the Boat House outdoor seating area was closed and we should not be sat there. "It was open, full of people, your other area is full, so what is the problem?" She huffed and left. Another waitress told another couple the same story. Is the owner aware this small issue will lose him business?

Petra and her colleagues were from Eastern Europe and unfortunately confirmed my previous experience of them being sulky and bordering rude, unlike the Brits during our 2 weeks in Cornwall.

Our business will go elsewhere on the next visit to Fowey.

1 Thank Mustn't-Grumble-uk

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Never Again”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We decided to eat here as the restaurant looked nice and modern externally, we asked to be seated outside as it ws a pleasant evening and the area outside was heated. The menu was fairly limited with regard to starters and pasta, so just opted for a main course. we first ordered our drinks I went for a bottle of rattler, which was £5, this arrived in glass without the bottle stacked with ice, I hadn't requested ice so I asked for another without ice the waiter ho dealt with this was very rude, this then arrived, thrown down on the table, in a dirty pint glass and tasted very watery. The food then arrived, this wasn't great and got the impression it had simply been premade and then reheated in the microwave and pretty bland. If this had been microwaved I think they would be better to buy in microwaveable meals as some of these are superior in taste to what we were served. Overall a very disappointing experience.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fab food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was excellent and fresh. Really enjoyed relaxed atmosphere great location. Recommend to anyone visiting.

Visited September 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“No major issues”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A basic pizza and pasta restaurant. Forgot about our babies hot water and bowl but recovered this issue. The pizza was fine, the mussels were apparently average, not bad enough to moan about but not great enough to praise!

Visited September 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A great early Sunday lunch experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My partner and I are regulars to Fowey as we are getting married here later in the year so we have tried several of the restaurants in the centre. We have always found The Boathouse to deliver a great Pizza and mellow dining experience and this has always been the case.

Take last Sunday. We were looking at he shops and fancied an early bite of food before travelling back up country. The Boathouse seemed a great place to sit and watch the world go by as we read the papers.

We found a lovely seat just outside the main window and delicious coffees and water were swiftly brought to us by a friendly waitress. We shared the scallops as a starter and were very pleased with the taste and depth of flavour imparted by a good use of garlic and lardons.

Our pizzas followed and these were healthy stonebaked affairs with simple toppings and very tasty.

We have only been to The Boathouse during the off-season, but can say that we have never been disappointed for service and quality. Please do give it a try as the pizza alone is really fine.