“Great views and friendly staff”

The Galleon Inn Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Fowey
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate in The Galleon a few times during a recent trip to Fowey. The food is good pub food and the portions are substantial. The pub has excellent views across the river and if you can get a spot outside, you will want to stay all day! Great coffee too!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Visited on a Saturday afternoon in July with friends and our tour guide as part of a shore excursion. Crowded with happy people having a day out. Good beer and the outside tables with a great view of the harbor made it very enjoyable. Comfortable feeling, friendly staff and right in the heart of "downtown" Fowey. Although probably not really recommended, for those driving there is a small parking lot down the street at the Albert Quay. For more information on the restaurant see www.galleon-inn.com.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I and our 5 children recently visited The Galleon and enjoyed it so much we returned 3 times during our 2 week holiday. Great tasty food, generous portions that filled our teenage boys, beautiful views and a child friendly environment where we could relax, with our 2 year old being well catered for. Would highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I chose steak and ale pie with chips and it was excellant but I had to leave some because I could not manage it all.My friend had mackerel with salad.Lovely food,very large portions.Noticed others unable to manage all of their meal.
I was envious of the prawn cocktails served to someone elses table,they looked wonderful and I shall have one the next time I go back but it would have to be as a main and not a starter because of the size!
Friendly staff,wonderful view,clean.
Think the meals are excellant value.We saw others who had chose 'just a sandwich'-huge platefuls of food arrived.I do not eat sandwiches,ever,so could not say what they are like.
We vacated the first table we chose because the whole room became filled with families with very young children and babies all who all seemed to be crying or very noisy.We could not hear each other speak.This of course was just chance and not the Inns fault.I think that the unpredictable and not too good weather'brought them all in'.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Galleon has no pretensions whatsoever and is laid out to provide plenty of space for plenty of customers to enjoy what is essentially, decent pub food and a drink.
In addition to a substantial menu of pub-grub favourites, there's a small, but varied selection of daily specials on offer. The food comes relatively quickly and is of a reasonable quality and proportion. It was nice to find Sharp's Ales (brewed at Rock, Cornwall) at the bar, as opposed to the usual St Austell Brewery beers found locally, which are good too!
Children and dogs are welcome and there's just a nice feel about the place, especially if you get to sit at the waterside tables outside and take in the view.
Not Gourmet, by any means, but brilliant for a family feed or a meal out with mates.