“Great appartment, great location”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fowey
Chandlers Marina Apartment
Reviewed January 11, 2011

My girlfriend and I had a great time in Chandlers in August 2010. The appartment was simply and comfortably furnished and had all amenities required for our stay.

The location on the river is fantastic and it is a few minutes walk from the center of Fowey. We had perfect weather and spent our time walking on the coast path (easily accessible by foot from the apartment) and exploring the river by canoe.

I have recommended the appartment to friends and could easily see myself staying again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 10, 2011

We ended up staying in Chandlers without checking the reviews which was lucky as we probably would have been put off......

Fortunately for us the apartment now has new owners who also run self catering cottages in Pembrokeshire, so our experience was entirely different. We found the apartment to be clean and tidy, the location perfect and were delighted by the helpfulness of the local representative.

We stayed for a long weekend and managed to fit in 2 walks around to a lovely Pub at Polkerris and took the ferry across to Bodinnick and walked around the headland at Polruan.

I subsequently recommended Chandlers to a friend who I believe has since stayed there - and my boyfriend and I are intending to return this year.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Was compelled to write this after reading the other "review" .We too booked Chandlers a couple of years ago, I can't be sure which month, only to be called the day prior, to be told there had been a flood and we could no longer have the appartment.We too were offered alternative accomodation in the owners hotel up the road .We passed the appartment on foot and there was no sign of anyone dealing with a flood .Clearly some kind of con and best avoided.

Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LordOddie
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Booked this apartment for a weekend stay through Late Rooms. Unfortunately, when arriving at the owners sister hotel to collect the keys to the apartment it was to be told that the apartment had flooded and we wouldn't be allowed to stay there. This was hugely disappointing particularly because the owners made no attempt to contact us and we had travelled all the way to Cornwall from London. They offered us an option to stay at their hotel instead but this was some way out from Fowey where we were meeting friends for the weekend so this was not a suitable option. Interestingly enough only a couple of days later it appeared that the flooded apartment had been restored very quickly as it was available again for rental again almost immediately on Late Rooms. The owners were slow at refunding my money and I had to chase this up twice.
Couldn't help but feel I had been given the run around with this apartmernt.

Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple