“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Fowey
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Party of four went to Brown Sugar today, we had a chocolate milkshake and some delicious home made cake, which was voted 10 out 10. The coffee and caramel slices were also nice.
Make a visit to hear, as it is not as up its bum as the other places in Fowey

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Arrived here for a lunchtime snack after a long walk. The cream tea was good, although I wasn't convinced by the Cornish speciality tea. The scones, jam and cream helped me here though. My partner had a tasty seasonal ciabatta and the service was good.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went to Brown sugar for coffee for two and a cake. We waited for so long for the order to be taken (despite the waitress passing us twice when serving others) that my husband finally went back to the counter to ask for two drinks - one extra hot - and a cake. Both coffees were lukewarm. I asked my husband if he had forgotten to ask, but no, they had simply not done it. I asked to have it reheated but they couldn't do that either, it was only upped from lukewarm to just warm.
And as for the cake, it never arrived at all,
I see other people are anthusiastic - perhaps they're just not bothered about people who don't want a meal??
I can't comment on food because they didn't bring it.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Needing a pitstop and refruel prior to leaving fowey we decided to breakfast iBrown sugar. It did not disappoint. Nice breakfast selection, freindly staff and good tea and coffee helped to lift sprirts before the drive home...did'nt need to eat 'till teatime.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

No trip to Fowey is complete without a trip to Brown Sugar. Whilst it looks small from the outside there is plenty of seating both up and down stairs. The coffees are superb and all the cakes fresh made and really tasty. I also recommend the crepes here, they are superb! It is obviously much frequented by the locals, always a good sign, and it is good value too. Well worth a visit.