“Worst Nandos Ever!”

Ranked #69 of 278 Restaurants in Gateshead
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I visited this Nandos at the cinema in the metro centre 3 weeks ago as we had a couple of hours away from our 2 toddlers which doesnt happen very often... excited to grab a movie and a quick bite to eat. Where do I start....chicken was cold and so we asked for it to be replaced, side orders left on the table so when chicken arrived they too were cold, single chickens served the second time when paid for double, side orders replaced after we advised they too were now cold - wrong side orders then served, all of this time the waiter kept apologising and saying he couldnt find the manager which we found strange as the manager who came over to speak to us at the very end was the manager he kept speaking to every time he left our table! The manager was rude, arrogant and full of himself - not typical of a nandos manager. We decided not to write a review after this visit and put it down as a one off ...... until we gave them another chance.Details on the second visit were a little different but still a catalogue of errors and again a rude manager who happened to be the same one!! Word of advise - going to the metro centre then go to Nandos near TK Maxx do not visit Nandos next to the cinema!

2  Thank milkydaisy

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great for families, good decor and lovely food. We often head here for family celebrations as they can cater for the taste buds of everyone from toddlers to pensioners. Only gripes are having to get your own cutlery policy but of the North East branches of Nandos this is the best.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Party of 6. We were told we would get seated 5 minutes after arriving. 15 minutes later we were told that they had a shift around in the restaurant and the table we were gonna get was given to someone else. We were then offered to wait for another 15 minutes for another table to become free.

I told them to forget it and left

1  Thank Amrit S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I properly love Nando's, me. What's not to like? Chicken? Heat? Chips? Macho Peas? What kind of fool doesn't like these delicious treats?

Service is ok and some staff are better than others, but I'm not expecting a fine dining experience. I just need an efficient and friendly waiter/waitress. Nothing more.

I'll keep going here.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My friend Mad Dog came here and explained the experience in such detail that I feel I know enough to write a review.

Although he felt the portions had reduced in size, he left happy and full and he will definitely be visiting again. Next time he'll be getting extras though, no doubt about that!

With the food so good it was surprising to Mad Dog that the customer service was so excellent too. He felt the girl serving wasn't listening to his order but she managed to reel it off in full and he was impressed by this to say the least.