“Very nice hotel with very pleasant staff”

Bowes Incline Hotel
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long week end , We arrived a bit early but our room was ready and we were made to feel at home . The food was very good and the choices available were terrific .As we did not have a car we had to use the local taxi service into Newcastle and on some other trips ,The taxi fares were reasonable and the drivers ver punctual . Overall a very nice place to spend a few days,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 30, 2012

A very friendly, clean hospitable hotel.
We recently bought a business in the area and this has meant up to seven rooms a night being booked at the Bowes. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, the food excellent but very large portions!
Why stay in one of the chains when you can stay here?

Room Tip: All rooms refurbished but if you like a quieter room as k for one on the Car Park side
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here on business a week after a horror show at the Travel Lodge in Newcastle.
Now what a difference. This is what I call a proper hotel. Staff are perfect very friendly. Now when I arrived the TV in my room wasnt working and it was not a hotel issue but that of a signal. The staff were amazed that I didnt complain. What would have been the point.

The hotel its self is very well laid out with a very large country style bar and restaurant. The food is excellent and there is a large variety to choose from. The hotel is located in the ouskirts of gatehead near Chester le street. So a lovely country setting with horses in the adjacent field. Great setting.

Free wifi in the rooms and bar. No need to sign on register or any of that pfaffing around. Just connect and off you go.

Will be going back there. Its on my plaves to stay list

Room Tip: all good, wifi signal is strong everywhere if thats what you need
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stopped off for 2 nights on way home from our holiday, wasn't sure what to expect but wasn't disappointed . The staff were really friendly and could not be more helpful.I have read bad reviews about the food ,we ate there both nights and the food was great we had 4 different main meals between us and they were all great, if any fault it was the size of the portions my wife could not finish,hers,they were so big.The rooms were spotless .Will definitely use it again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just returned from having a family celebration meal and it really spoilt our day. The food was disgusing.

I really don't mind paying any amount of money if the food and service is worth it, but in this case I object. Half of our party was served with what appeared to be budget packet of 'smash' which the restaurant passed off as mashed potato and the meals [all but one] had so much gristle that it was inedible.

I informed the staff of our poor meal and the waitor said that they would inform the chef..........that is all the response we got; nothing more.

We left the hotel hungry and out of pocket to the tune of £200 for our small party [not including drinks].

With the options of several alternative food serving estabishents in the local area of the Bowes Incline, who -do- serve excellant food , I will give this place a wide bearth.

The option of rating this restaurant as 'terrible' is too good a rating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank SandKeith
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed on Saturday the 25th of August for second time after 2 years.
Very clean rooms, nice size bathroom, nice carpets and wallpapers.
Very nice guy at the reception who was waiting for us as we arrived at 23.00 on Saturday night.
Perfect hotel!!!
And ist also amazing that we only paid £65 for a 4 star hotel when we have been paying £75 and £85 for 3 star hotels....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked this for a business over-nighter and wasnt looking for too much; somewhere to sleep, shower and eat, and that's what I got. The service was absolutely fine and the room clean and tidy if a little dated. My evening meal was a passable pub meal and the breakfast was good. My biggest problem was that it was a very warm evening and the room had no aircon. However if you opened the windows then the traffic noise was loud to the point of intrusive and meant I couldn't sleep. Hot or noisy, either way it was a problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Ravensworth Arms
Beamish Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Marley Hill
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa

Been to Bowes Incline Hotel? Share your experiences!