“Excellent”

Angeethi
Ranked #81 of 278 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Angeethi is the place to visit if you are looking to experience Indian cuisine as cooked and served in India without actually having to fly there! Our passion for simplicity and tradition makes us unique and your visit nothing less than delightful.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Tried Angeethi for the first time last night. Used to go to LDR years ago but ditched the place as went steadily downhill. Well, after first visit, Angeethi could become the new best Indian in Low Fell. Very good service, welcoming and giving good information and advice about menu, which is not your standard curry house menu. Quality of food excellent. Not cheap, but, you get what you pay for. Only criticism is main dining room lighting a bit bright and don't think has been decorated since LDR days, which is a bit disappointing compared to the bar area, which has obviously been decorated and is really nice. Will be going back very soon, keep it up !

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just back from Angeethi and another fabulous meal. The menu is completely different from Last Days, with many dishes I have never heard of before - and everything I have tried is delicious. Service is great and the welcome is warm. I couldn't recommend this restaurant more!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This restaurant used to be "The Last days of the Raj" which had been very good but over recent months we stopped going as the service and food was not as good as previously.
I am pleased to say the new ownership and menu is a change for the better. The service was excellent, the staff helpful, polite and friendly. We chose from the a la carte menu and the food was delicious, well presented and value for money. We will definitely be visiting the Angeethi again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great to see the tired and dated LDR finally replaced by a restaurant which will compete strongly in the top end market. Excellent, flavoursome food a clear cut or 2 at least above all those locally, and one to challenge likes of raval and sachins. Note review only based on quality of food based on take out; hence no comment on 'extras' such as staff, venue etc.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We're very lucky to based less than a mile away from theis restaurant, and its last incarnation of last Days of the Raj, it was always a favourite so we were intrueged to find out how the new people would perform.

We were hugely impressed with the great reception we received, my wife and I are regular eaters of indian food and take some impressing but the food matched up to the service, excellent food we a great depth of flavour.

I was so impressed that I'm organising a group of 20 plus business people to attend a networking lunch there in january, I can't wait.

1  Thank Phil D