Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
$100
Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
$56
$46
  • Restaurant
Angel View Inn(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
$53
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
$72
Park Farm Hotel(Gateshead)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
3,216 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetyne bridgethe riverswing bridgemini barafternoon teaa river view rooman upgradecity centrelovely hotelleisure facilitiescar parklovely roomweekend breakbars and restaurantsjeanettenewcastle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and we have never been disappointed we always get a executive room which is great because you get access to the executive lounge where you have breakfast and free drinks and snack from 6pm - 9pm looking out on amazing views of the quayside and Tyne Bridge!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have no complaints at all about this hotel. Good location, comfortable room. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice. The location is perfect if you are attending a concert at The Sage, not far to walk at all.
I have read some of the other reviews which are quite critical, but we had no problems at all.
We found the staff very friendly, especially a blonde receptionist with specs. ( don't know her name ! )
We have stayed here previously and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice and also had friends and family stay here for a family wedding so feel well placed to comment. The building itself is a bright, modern, smart hotel on the Gateshead bank of the Tyne. The reception area is bright and spacious with fantastic views of the Tyne, the iconic Tyne bridge and the city of Newcastle itself.

The location is good, with easy walking access over to central Newcastle and is also just 10 minutes walk from the Sage concert hall. Note, that the walk across to Newcastle does involve a descent and ascent so not suitable who would find that difficult.

On both visits our rooms were modern, bright, clean and well appointed. Beds were comfortable and had spacious bathrooms. The main issue with both rooms was poor air conditioning which was awkward to operate: a real failing for such a modern hotel.

Service was good but certainly not exceptional.

As others have said, the hotel charges for both overnight parking (not all hotels do, but Hiltons always do in my experience) and also a hefty £15 per day for internet access (again standard for Hilton).

The main issue with this hotel, however, comes from its proximity to Newcastle's night club and bar area, combined with Newcastle being a popular location for stag and hen do's. The hotel isn't in the area itself so does not get any noise disturbance. However the hotel is popular with stags and hens for such weekends. On our first stay at the Hilton Gateshead we were awoken by noise in the corridor and someone falling against our door. In the morning there were the remains of a Chinese takeaway outside our door. We mentioned this to reception when we went for breakfast but it was still there when we returned to our room. When we checked out we mentioned it and got little more than a shrug of the shoulders and a suggestion that it might be better to book a room on the executive floor (more expensive),

For our second visit in June 2013 we did book a room on the exec floor. The room was no different to the other but we did have access to the exec lounge which was very peaceful and the staff there were fantastic. We had a good nights sleep. However, family members on a standard floor had a terrible nights sleep because of drunken guests banging on their door during the night. They made a formal complaint and received compensation. Other friends staying the same night were not disturbed.

In summary, this is a nice hotel with some issues. If planning to stay on a Friday or Saturday night, then consider elsewhere or pay extra for the executive floor....or take the risk.

Room Tip: Choose executive floor if staying at the weekend to reduce the risk of disturbance from other guests.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here this weekend with my boyfriend and i didnt know what to expect because of the mixed reviews. Safe to say we were very impressed. The service from all staff was so welcoming and happy from the minute we arrived they were never too busy to help especially the men working on the conceirge. The reception/lobby area ia so clean, spacious and modern with a great view of the bride across the river. Our room was spotless and the bed was the comfiest EVER!! Very spacious and did not have any complaints. The maid came in and changed our towels and tidied up and we were only staying for 2 nights which is something we were not expecting. Really could not fault this hotel and the weekend in Newcastle overall 10/10! Cant wait to return to this hotel again :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ok so I have read some mixed reviews here, including cold welcomes.... Simply not the case on my arrival. Enjoyed my time with friends at this hotel and the staff couldn't do anymore.

Need to say thank you to a couple of people.

Firstly Andrew Adan and Sally Bennett who's pre stay information and assistance was totally "on brand" deliveing the customer service I travel to Hilton for!

Great modern entrance and a friendly warm welcome back to Hilton from one of your check in staff! Thank you!

Later in the evening we popped into to the exec lounge for a quick pre dinner drink, met by the executive lounge team Jeanette and Kath and Kate. Now its easy to give customer service you expect.. Its harder to take the extra steps to make someones stay special! Even though I had a leak in my room I was instantly impressed with the smiles and attention to detail from the very pleasent staff in the lounge. Jeanettes passion for the brand she worked for became apparent when talking about the stunning views from the lounge (and they are great) she told me of other Hilton hotels, and we shared the same entusiasm for the brand. By the time I went back to my suite nextdoor the leak had been fixed and I had totally forgotten about it!

I have to say, hotel stays are what you make them, hilton provide a certain standard the best ones strive to train thier teams to "feel" the brand. not everyone here yet feels that way thats apparent but i feel the majority do.

I felt valued on this stay, and as a result have instantly rebooked the three rooms I booked for a stay in September!

Keep up the good work Hilton, and thank you for helping to reach my diamond status.. see you on Sept 7th!

Joey - Diamond Member. 716065807