Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Room Service
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
The Vermont ApartHotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,542 results
All reviewsmillennium bridgewet roomcar parkwooden floorswalk in showerking roomsmall gymminute walkcity centrestag hen partiesgood sizeper nightthe riverwould stay againmodern hotelreception staffone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with the family. Liked the hotel; it was nice rooms and very clean. Location is great as well. Walking distance from town.
Staff was pleasant enough but not as helpful as they could have been. We booked as a family but had rooms on floor 3 and 6, which they couldn't change. Probably better to call the night before if you want rooms near each other. We also asked for a supermarket which they told us was the second street on the right (it wasn't).
We had a late snack in the restaurant on the night we arrived which was ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thanks for the review Toni. Your comments are all much appreciated and I hope that your next visit will be perfect.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, great location short walking distance over the river to the 'Toon' but far enough away so not to noisy in surrounding streets etc. Clean and pleasant rooms with nice river view. Didn't eat in restaurant but looked busy and clean enough overall a great weekend in Newcastle!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here last night as a couple and booked a double room through Late Rooms. Initially the room was £97.00 but as I couldn't book it until a day later when I came to book it, the room had gone up to £115,00 - this was the price on every site I looked at by then too. The hotel was very easy to find but disappointed with the £5.00 parking price as there is nothing else round and I can't see any reason for this at all other than to make money - its not as if it is in the city centre and people would be trying to nick parking spots. The room itself was more basic than I expected - no shower cap or biscuits but it was very clean and very quiet which was lovely. Really close to the city centre and the Quayside which was a bonus. After a nights drinking we got back to the bar at about 1.00am and the bar man was more than happy to sort us some coffees out but unfortunately the machine wouldn't work. He was very lovely and apologetic and gave us some 'proper' milk to take up to our room. All in all our stay was good but I expected the room to be a bit more luxurious - it was slightly better than a travel lodge but it was very comfortable and the staff we spoke to were very nice and welcoming. There might also be an inflatable kangaroo hopping around somewhere - take care of him if you see him ..................

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Natasha

Thanks for the review. Your comments are much appreciated. Funnily enough I did see said kangaroo sat on a chair over the weekend. I believe he is fine and still enjoying the Quayside.

See you again

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Ramada Encore Gateshead three times in the last six months and thought it was time I left some comments. The welcome and pleasant atmosphere has always been impeccable. Rooms are spacious enough, are furnished sufficiently and have wet-room style bathrooms. The rooms on the sixth floor can at times become warm and stuffy, especially during the summer. The reception keep fans so don’t be afraid to ask for one. Tip for those who might find themselves with low water pressure in the shower, the tap on the left has three levels, press the small button on the tap and turn, hey presto, each level gives you more pressure/water.

Facilities are okay but those who like a large gym will be disappointed by the small one on offer here ( Not that I ever saw anyone using it).

Breakfast is a self serving affair, the menu has changed slightly over the six months, however, hot items are replenished on a regular basis and for those not into the full english there is a variety of cereals and pastries etc. The coffee machines can be a nightmare sometimes but the staff are quick to fix them!

The night time menu has also changed over the last six months with far less a choice, having said that, the choices on offer of late are still tasty and pretty affordable when it comes to hotel food. The hub itself is a pleasant area to sit and enjoy a relaxing drink. Not forgetting the free wifi, once logged in its pretty stable and quick, and its available everywhere within the hotel.

Everyone seems to mention the car park and the five pound charge, all I can say is try the other hotels in the area and be surprised how a five pound charge can become a bargain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thanks very much for the review. I'm very pleased to hear that you have stayed with us on several occasions and are a fan of the hotel. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks again

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights , the hotel is a short walk over the river Tyne via the millennium bridge to Newcastle where there are loads of great restraurants and bars to suit everyone. If your into football the stadium is only a 20 minute walk or 5 mins in a taxi. The hotel is very nice but we did experience problems with a large hen party that were intent on banging there doors shut every 30 seconds for around 3 hours!!, went to reception and complained and they sent security up who asked them to go down stairs to the bar area due to there noise. This worked till around 5 in the morning until they came back and started again. I complained the next day when we checked out & the hotel put 20 percent of my bill back on my card. I would consider this hotel again but would ask not to be put near large stag or hen parties.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked the hotel but sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other guests on this occasion.

I hope to see you again soon.