“Lovely stay”

Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hi Booked this at a bargain price, usually retails at £100, offer cost me £49, Saturday night for twin room, super value. Would not have paid £100 for room. Well appointed, nice, bright and new. Very efficient staff. Very clean. Pity extractor fan in bathroom wasn't working, left whole room wet after two had showers, expect it will have been fixed. No scenery around the place, all new buildings, but feels a secure area, and on £3 for a taxi to city centre.

Room Tip: Away from lifts keeps noise down.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hi Denise

Thanks for the comments. They are much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your visit.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked the Ramada Encore on a special deal with a price reduction, the hotel was spotless, clean and tidy and my room was a very spacious bright, double with desk and usual facilities such as kettle tea and coffee, hair dryer, TV and good selection of power points. Wi-fi was free and was sufficiently fast for browsing the internet. Shower was a walk-in type with overhead shower head.

I had a good night's sleep as temperature/bed and blankets were ok, although the option of more blankets would be good (maybe I didn't spot them). Importantly the location means you can leave windows open without traffic noise or listening to revellers outside, also no noisy neighbours inside either.

The car park charge was £5 for my overnight stay, which given that there is very little parking in the area and lots of double yellow lines, seemed reasonable. They have extended the tarmac area to accommodate more cars which has a gravel surface.

I'd booked this hotel to go to a concert at the Metro Arena which is a very handy 10 minute (approx) drive. Which was fortunate because I'd left my ticket at the hotel and it meant I had time to nip back to the hotel and be back at the venue without breaking into a sweat. All in all a great stay and already recommended to my friends, Neil Young and Crazy Horse rocked by the way!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and got a good night sleep. As you mention we are well situated for the Arena and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the concert after initially leaving your ticket behind!

See you again soon

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

After staying at this hotel there was one thing that really let it down... The SLAMMING DOORS!!!!!! BANG! BANG! BANG! All through the night and it was loud enough to wake me up every single time.

Everything else about the hotel was fine but they really need to sort those doors out!!!

Tip for the hotel (adjust your door closers and fit some soft closing door seals).

The morning after our stay here we were shattered and just wanted to go home for some rest, rather than walk around newcastle like we had planned to do.

What a shame!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thanks for the review. I am sorry that you were disturbed by slamming doors. This isn't something that we hear about very often and I apologise that you were effected by this. I will discuss with our Maintenance Manager to ensure this isn't the case in the future. I am however glad that you enjoyed the rest of your visit.

Thanks again

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are top class. Sarah (gretchen), Steve the manager, Sam behind the bar and all the other members of staff who served us. Rooms were very clean, food was cracking. Overall a really good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thanks so much for the lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with my team.

See you again

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was promised this hotel was in the vicinity of the Metro centre .Slightly misled . Rush hour traffic and lack of signs made this hotel awkward to arrive at. . Once there, it was a clean room, friendly staff . Evening food was ok but the breakfast was poor.
If you are attending the SAGE arena , then a perfect location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry that you felt we weren't close to the Metrocentre. There are some hotels actually at the Metrocentre but we are one of the closest city centre properties. I am glad you found the staff friendly but disappointed to hear you found the breakfast poor. If you would like to provide more specific feedback on the breakfast offering so we can investigate my email address is dgm@encorenewcastlegateshead.co.uk.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is clean and tidy and the room sufficient for a nights stay. The beer was cold and the room warm so really nothing to complain about, but....for a 4 star hotel, I think I expect a bit more. A wardrobe of some kind would be good instead of a couple of pegs sticking out of the wall with some some coat hangers. A bath....I love a soak in the bath after a long day but only a shower. Buffet breakfast under hot lamps. Surely, 4 stars can manage a service breakfast or even just one member of staff cooking the eggs freshly. Then there are the extras. we were travelling from Scotland so fair to assume there may be a vehicle, but nothing said about the car parking charges to drive it up on to a rough piece of ground next to the hotel. Then breakfast is £9 but only if you book before midnight. it goes up after that because obviously, everything is more expensive after midnight? So whilst I have no real complaints, it was also nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: No pool but there is a gym which isn't obvious from the booking site. If I had known I would hav...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad we got the important things right for you in terms of a cold beer and warm, comfortable room. For your reference we are actually three star rated and all of our rooms have wetrooms as part of our brand standard. If we had any rooms with baths we would have happily accommodated your preference.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast and parking and will share with my colleagues.

Thanks again

Alastair Reekie
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2013

1st Time I had stopped here, but the service from all staff was excellent. Had a few nice beers with a lovely cooked meal. I was here in Newcastle/Gateshead on business & would have no hesitation in booking here again

Room Tip: Top floor was great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Nigel

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
#26 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
#28 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead? Share your experiences!