“Consistently good”

Dining options: Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting Est for many years, and it continues to be our favourite restaurant in the Metrocentre. Service is always friendly, prices are good.

I understand some of the negative comments - our favourite dish used to be the chicken pesto pasta. However, they recently changed the recipe to use a different kind of pesto in oil, and it simply ruined the dish. So we no longer order that dish, opting for the awesome Calzone's instead.

Another criticism is the removal if the bruschetta from the starters. This again was a firm favourite, and is no longer available!

However, minor criticisms aside, it still offers a great dining experience. Unfortunately it's location isn't great since the cinema moved to the other end of the Metrocentre, and hence it is usually really quiet. But I guess that means that your food arrives quicker, so not all bad!

• Visited April 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“The best place for a meal in the Metro Centre”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was the first time I have been to Est. I thought the meal was lovely I could not fault it one bit. The staff were great. I went with a few friend who I haven't seen for awhile. We wanted somewhere we can relax and have a good catch up. Most of the food places in the metro centre are jam packed and feel like you have to be rushed and out the door asap.

In est the Menu was good value and the quality was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed and chilled just what we wanted. I would be going back 100%

• Visited April 2013
Co durham
“Nice resturant need to have a full menu”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been to est a few times with my daughter and always wounderes why it was never busy as much as pizza hut etc as every time we havw recieved great food and great service. The only thing i would say is they give a different excuse every time we go about not having a full menu. I order more or less the same thing but when i go to try something else they never have it. Also the mushroom starter was not nice at all and could been alit better then frozen deep fried mushrooms with a bit salad and mozarella cheese bite not what i would expect for a starter. Over all i been back and prefer thus to pizza hut any day. Just make sure ya have no pubic haurs in the carbanara like the last review

“Not a good lunch”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Good prices poor value poor service big disappointment overall staff were a bit frosty on first impressions would not recommend

Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service fine, surroundings fine, food terrible”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I should have guessed that something was wrong when the restaurant was virtually empty when other in the Metro Centre were busy. I cannot fault the restaurant or staff as these were more than satisfactory, the staff were very pleasant . The real downside to the place is the food, being a restaurant, this is quite a major factor!

I have been twice once for a la carte and once for the buffet. The former time was adequate food wise, however the food was just dull, undercooked pizza dough and everything extremely over-salted, I needed copious amounts of water later that day to quench my thirst.

The buffet was terrible, the pizzas were again undercooked and doughy, as an all you can eat buffet I was surprised that in the 30 minutes we were there the pizzas were not replenished, all that was left was a vegetable pizza with aubergine, I didn't bother going back for more. By the time it was replenished it was time for us to leave. The salad was poor, the dressings were both empty and none of the salad was very exciting.

I realise that Est is not pretending to be a fine dining experience, but, it should be able to produce food that is appealing for what it is.

I very much doubt we will be returning.

• Visited September 2012