“Would be far better if you could see what you were eating!”

Big Lukes Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #134 of 278 Restaurants in Gateshead
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is so dark its difficult to see what you are eating. Combine that with sitting on the people at the next tables' knees - it doesnt make for a pleasant experience.
It is definately a lads place. All you can eat of what is an ok choice of pretty normal food and all you can drink of cheap pop. The food is ok and plenty to choose from. Its always the same though each time you go back. Not alot in the way of desert either. I dont think we will be back in a hurry - far better places to eat in the metro!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I go quite regularly with my family and I
we find the staff are very welcoming and helpful. It is always kept clean and comfortable and we love the choice and quality of the food for the low price really. My husband loves the recent addition of the desserts'

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We came to Big Luke's in the yellow mall(?) it wasn't the one in the blue mall anyways.
We found it charming and as I am extremely fussy I found plenty of choice and was even offered a steak cooked to my liking instead of the standard medium-rare.
It was quite quiet when we arrived about 6pm but all of the metrocentre seemed quiet really. We saw food being topped up constantly and had no problem with any if the food we picked! The soup was fantastic, vegetable. Plenty of assorted breads (burger buns too) which were kept away from hot plates to stop them becoming hard. These were also restocked regularly. I couldn't manage a pudding but my partner had chocolate cake and ice cream and found it was fantastic. He loved the feel of the place and the fact that the food was replaced regularly as he worries (like most) about buffet food but I think Big Luke's has convinced him! We will definitely go back and maybe try the other one at the blue mall to see what that's like!
Thanks to all the staff too! Attentive and cheerful all the time

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times when out shopping. If you go after 5.30 it will cost you £12.95 plus your drinks for the steak buffet.
all the staff are helpful and try their best to please. Especially the chef, nothing is too much trouble upon taking your order the waitress asked if we had any preference as to how we wanted our food cooked, one of the steaks I got was a bit under done. I am aware that this is totally down to personal preference and not any ones fault. However after a polite word the waitress took it away and got the chef to cook it a bit more. It must be difficult for the chef as everyones taste is different. One guy in there asked for his steak to be cooked for only 30 seconds either side.
There is a great variety all beautifully cooked fresh,especially if you like meat which I do there is grilled ribs.chicken, chops, chicken curry sausages burgers jacket pots sallad etc. etc. etc. it would take too long to list everything.
The place and the staff are excellent.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

When i told the kids we were going to the metro centre today the first thing they asked me is "Can we go to Big Luke's?". Introduced to the place by a friend (thanks Jue!) and now visit every time we go to Metro. It is serious value for money - 9.95 for adult and 3.95 for children with the chance to eat as much as you can stuff yourself with. Good selection of food too which was being regularly topped up - no running out which was pretty good on what was and extremely busy sales day at the Metro today. Looking forward to next time.