“Family lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spur Steak and Grill - CLOSED

Spur Steak and Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Family lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall could not fault the food quality and the staff were helpful, but they had ran out of some items at 2 oclock on a Friday afternoon & we did have a long wait between courses even though it was not busy.

Visited October 2012

york
“beware the quiet restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went Saturday evening at the request of our son, who we were visiting.
As you would expect the dining section of the Metro centre was very busy early evening, and that was the warning we ignored about Spur.

The food was OK chips were warm if slightly greasy , burger well cooked and onion rings a little on the soggy side.

But 2 pounds 30 pence for a Pepsi and twelve pounds for a burger means you should be enjoying a qualty dining experience.sadly not here

Lesson learned busy is good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank davidk
Tyne & Wear
“Good filling food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Sometimes go here for lunch with my son and always find the service very good and the food plentiful if a little on the expensive side.

Visited December 2012
Newcastle
“Great for a mid week bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Monday night is buy one get one free

Bargain deals most week nights

You can't go wrong for £7.50 each and refillable pop

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Valentine's day love.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My girlfriend has being going on for months about UK Spur so I decided to book a table for valentines day. Open entering the restaurant we were shown to our table, and asked if we wanted any drinks (Champagne was given with it being valentines day but I don't drink) and of course they did the normal when I asked for a Coke, the guy said "is pepsi ok" which I made a joke about and he laughed. We then ordered and we didn't have to wait long at all for the food. When it came it looked beautiful. I ordered a cheese and bacon beef burger, with fries and onion rings (which were the BEST tasting onion rings I've ever tasted and I love onion rings so this is a real complement) there was also a considerable amount of food on my plate as well. My girlfriend ordered the biggest stake on the menu (most expensive to) and I don't know much about stake, however she said it was lovely. The only thing that I didn't like was that I worked out how much it would be before we went in, so I took the cash out of the cash point and it came to nearly £15 more? I don't know if this was because it was Valentines day or what BUT there was NOT a sign to say like a price increase etc.
To sum it up I'd recommend UK Spur to anyone a very nice restaurant with very nice food.
AND THE BEST ONION RINGS EVER!!!

• Visited February 2013