“Great for a mid week bargain”
Review of Spur Steak and Grill - CLOSED

Spur Steak and Grill
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Monday night is buy one get one free

Bargain deals most week nights

You can't go wrong for £7.50 each and refillable pop

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My girlfriend has being going on for months about UK Spur so I decided to book a table for valentines day. Open entering the restaurant we were shown to our table, and asked if we wanted any drinks (Champagne was given with it being valentines day but I don't drink) and of course they did the normal when I asked for a Coke, the guy said "is pepsi ok" which I made a joke about and he laughed. We then ordered and we didn't have to wait long at all for the food. When it came it looked beautiful. I ordered a cheese and bacon beef burger, with fries and onion rings (which were the BEST tasting onion rings I've ever tasted and I love onion rings so this is a real complement) there was also a considerable amount of food on my plate as well. My girlfriend ordered the biggest stake on the menu (most expensive to) and I don't know much about stake, however she said it was lovely. The only thing that I didn't like was that I worked out how much it would be before we went in, so I took the cash out of the cash point and it came to nearly £15 more? I don't know if this was because it was Valentines day or what BUT there was NOT a sign to say like a price increase etc.
To sum it up I'd recommend UK Spur to anyone a very nice restaurant with very nice food.
AND THE BEST ONION RINGS EVER!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

From outside the restaurant looked very inviting we were met by a pleasant member of staff and shown to a table ,drinks were ordered , alcoholic drinks were very expensive though soft drinks were unlimited which was a slight bonus .we ordered a starter of two garlic breads ,upon arrival they had been microwaved instead of coming from an oven so instead of been nice and crispy they were a soggy tasteless mess !after the disappointment our main courses arrived the kids meals seemed ok but both adult meals were well below average we paid our bill and sadly left disappointed if we had known we would of popped into KFC next door and got the same for less than half the price we paid ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited Spur last week with my wife, and was most pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service. I know it's easy for people to complain and criticise, but credit where it's due! Best ribs I've ever had, moist and succulent and the meat just dropped from the bone. Delicious! My wife had the prawns with a garlic sauce and whilst not cheap was a great value meal full of flavour.
The restaurant and toilets were clean, and the staff were friendly and served us promptly.
Great value for money and would not hesitate to recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We visited the metro centre on wednesday evening, called in here as it 'two for one on burgers, wednesdays'
Full price,, the burgers are around £9.95 to £12.95 so we thought, at a fiver each we chance it.
Our waiter was very friendly, but as we ordered four burgers we were informed that they are cooked 'medium rare' and would we like them 'well done'. My thought was its a burger.. and I don't want it burnt, so we said nothing.
3 out of the four burger we red raw in the middle,!! not good, we did get them changed, but how can you get away with under cooking a burger, a steak may be, but a to see red uncooked mincemeat is not good for the appetite.!

Even after that, portion size wasn't fantastic, I would say even with the offer on , keep walking 20 yards and go to MacD or B King. ( at least guaranteed what you get, and better value)

all in all, no we won't be going back