Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,287 results
All reviews millennium bridge the river car park short walk excellent location bars and restaurants superior room city centre stag and hen parties business trip saturday night excellent stay reception staff would stay again one night stay tyne newcastle
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A excellent welcome and check in. On the first night we stupidly ordered two bottle of Bud rather than draft Bud. Twice the price ! The breakfast is over priced and not great. So I advice going out to eat breakfast. We also tried a nap in the afternoon and were knocked for twice, to see if we wanted the room cleaned at 3pm, NO. Then doors banging all afternoon drive us a little crazy. I imagined the night being the same, I was wrong, a great nights sleep without any noise. The bathroom is quite small with out a shaving socket. A great position on the Quay, I learnt more about Newcastle here than ever before whenwe stayed in the City. Would I stay here again YES

Room tip: We had a room side on facing the city over the river, beaiviews at night
1  Thank ellendown
ChrisA5712, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jurys Inn Gateshead. I would like to take this opportunity and apologies that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I will ensure all your comments are communicated to the team and constructive actions will be taken.

Once again than you for reviewing your recent stay and I hope you grant us the opportunity of doing better job next time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was taken away by my friend for a birthday weekend and she booked us a double room, onlooking to the city, for 2 nights. Upon arrival we were rudely met by a woman at reception. Clearly on her name badge reading ‘duty manager’ we were beyond belief this job tittle coincided with the woman. We approached reception all smiles and excited for our stay. Not even a hello or welcome was given, instead a very short ‘NAME’. We gave our name over, she said the room was already paid for (it wasn’t) and that was that. We pointed out this error and you would think we pointed out the woman’s computer was about to self destruct. No information was given of check out times, anything near or useful in the area, why we were there to stay. Having my friend work in hospitality and I too in a customer facing role, this is just standard practice procedures to make the customer feel welcome in the establishment, not a lot to ask for especially having the title of ‘duty manager’ what example does that lead to other members? We were made to feel so unwelcome. I am not usually one to leave a complaint but after having the experience we did it was very much needed. It is a total shame to the company as beside us an elderly couple were greeted by a man who was more than helpful to the couple, giving them hints and tips to the city and even complementing the woman’s blouse. A really nice touch and he is a credit to the hotel chain! This was only the start of our unpleasant stay as the noise levels were ridiculous, we witnessed a woman fighting with a man outside our room, phoned reception and at the height of 5’3 I could have done a better job than them. A total look over of how your staff approach situations is needed for this hotel to run smoother. The military organised welcome back to the hotel room is also something more than ridiculous. After dinner and some drinks we arrived back to our hotel room greeted with two security and clipboards. This was shortly after 11pm. They take names of the residents staying so that no outsiders are allowed in. The operation of this looks like a nightclub that has overflowed onto the street come 3am. Girls drunk sitting outside, men fighting, even the security passing comment of ‘we do this so how prostitutes are brought back’ . I’ve never seen anything like this. There is many more reasons I could write here which related to our unpleasant stay but I’ll leave it at this for now. Do not waste money or time at this hotel. A total shame as all it needs is customer service skills. THE BASICS.

We stayed from 17th-19th of January 2020 and checked in at around 4pm.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank amyblacker123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall poor score. Food not good, room not clean. No information about giving me the disabled room at reception.
Hair in shower drain. Very late Hamburger was completely overcooked and lettuce was not fresh at all

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Michael,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in the Jury’s many times the last years as liked value for money and location, but now is the point where rooms show too many broken items and need to be refurbished. Also doors need bette insulation against noise and the hot water pressure needs fixing. Breakfast and beds are still ok.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have stayed at this hotel before as it is convenient and within easy walking distance for The Sage Gateshead. Excellent room with comfy bed and river view. Good breakfast and convenient parking at hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear aurwin397710,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us by way of a review. The team and I are delighted that you had a positive experience with us. The team and I all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future!

Kind Regards,