“Great location for exploring this interesting part of England!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great location for exploring this interesting part of England!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a great place to stay in an area with so many great places to visit. The hotel is modern and welcoming. Rooms very comfortable and have everything needed. The staff are great, many are Irish and appear to be genuinely warm and friendly. Breakfast offered a very good choice of good quality hot and cold food. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Tyne offer a good view but we didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ann_Bright, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Happytripper14,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. It's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our location and facilities are well suited to your needs. I have shared your kind comments with the team, who are delighted to have made such a great impression.

The next time you are visiting NewcastleGateshead Quays please feel free to contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com and I will ensure you are looked after during your visit.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Jury's inn Gateshead is in a central location and was very clean and well decorated. I feel it was slightly over priced for what it was and the bathroom was quite small. The breakfast (£8.50pp) was definitely overpriced but there was a good selection, however the staff were very slow at clearing the tables. The staff were pleasant but lacked the personal touch especially at the front desk. The views over the river were very nice as you could see the Millenium Bridge light up at night.

Room Tip: River view rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ann_Bright, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us although disappointing to read you did not feel the team gave our usual high standard of service. I hope your experience has not put you off visiting us again and hope we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I've been there for 2 weeks and everything was perfect! The bed and the bathroom are very comfortables. The food is delicious.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Barry SWales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel itself was ok. What spoilt it for me is that when I booked there was an error with my bill (Jurys mistake). I thought that the issue was sorted until I received my bank statement, I was overcharged by £240. After a lot of emails and effort on my part- and that of my bank, the payment was returned to me without an appology, I emailed to say that I was disapointed that they had not said sorry and my email was ignored. Poor customer service. Next buiness trip to Newcastle I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bigphil1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am disappointed to read you felt we did not reach your expectations and would be grateful if you would contact me directly so that I may investigate your comments further.
I can be contacted at ann_bright@jurysinns.com.

stockton on tees uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

stayed at hotel for 1 night,very good location,8 minutes walk to the sage,nice walk along the river.good size rooms,very clean,coffee/tea facilities,flat screen tele,good bathroom/shower,with plenty shower gels/shampoo.good bar/restaraunt,had meal/drinks,very good food,angus burger/chips/salad,13 pounds,very good quality and exellant service.only negetive,not happy paying 6 pounds 50 pence,to use hotel carpark,when i am a paying guest.

Room Tip: ask for top floor,great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, even though you found frustration with our carpark. I hope this has not put you off staying with us again and hope we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Ewloe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel excellent for service, location and good value for money, we had a room on the top floor overlooking the Quays which was nice late at night and early morning, we enjoy our breakfast good variety.
The only complaint would be we could not use our costa coffee card I don't understand why this is but if it's a costa coffee franchise shortly you must have the facility to award points on the card

• Stayed May 2014

leek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Despite this being on the Gateshead side of the Tyne it us conveniently situated close to the Millenium Bridge for a stroll into Newcastle town centre. Also easy access to the Baltic, Sage and Newcastle's Keep and Cathedral.
Clean with helpful staff and river views.
Will return when up again in the NE.

Room Tip: Ask for river views with large windows.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the location suited your needs. I hope we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#15 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,119 reviews
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
#1 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,303 reviews

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays? Share your experiences!