“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night for a family function booked at this hotel, we requested 4th (top floor)to be away from the stags and hens and this worked very well as had a quiet nights sleep the rooms are nice, standard city hotel rooms, and clean & comfortable. Check in was very slow and check out was the same with only 1 member of staff at the desk in the morning there was a huge queue. Otherwise all staff were friendly and helpful would stay here again as location is great. But be prepared to pay for wi fi

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed for one night,3 adults,the room as was the rest of the Hotel was spotless.1 double/1single bed [not a pull out one] were very comfortable and had a good nights sleep.prices in the bar were reasonably priced and good ,breakfast as mentioned in other reviews was very good. staff were friendly good too. I will definitely be recommending and will stay again. Jurys Inn Gateshead is a credit to the brand and easily one of the best hotels in Newcastle Gateshead area. [great price great value.looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
David T, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you were well looked after by our team members.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed for a meeting in a Friday night, met by a group of stags, not ideal as i waited 10mns to be checked in. Awoken many times through the night, really not great.

However ideal if your on a stag do, perfect location

Also - no where near enough parking for the size of hotel

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Southwell
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lovely hotel , great staff, clean rooms, excellent river views if you are lucky enough! Good breakfast - much better standard than in other Jury's Inns I have stayed in - however, the coffee machine broke on the Friday of our stay and wasn't repaired while we were there. I'm not a coffee drinker but it did affect the enjoyment of some guests for whom strong coffee in the morning is a must! The alternative was sachets and hot water so at least an alternative was provided. We ordered a group meal on the Saturday evening which was very good - again, pleasant and helpful serving staff who couldn't do enough for us! We would certainly recommend this Jury's. Only minor glitch is the small car park which only holds about 40-50 cars and costs £6.50 per night. There is a public car park very close but it is expensive,

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view - stunning!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Northampton
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wow, I have searched for many years to find a decent, reasonably priced, hotel in Newcastle / Gateshead and finally I have found it! I have stayed at the Jurys Inn in Newcastle in Scotswood Road, but never again, how can the same chain of hotel be so different? I first stayed here in January and paid £38 per night for 2 nights and had a corner room over looking the Tyne. I could not quite believe it as it felt like a 4* hotel. The room was amazing, with excellent decor, clean and everything I needed. I returned in April, I did have to pay nearly double but it was still good value for the location and facilities. The hotel is in walking distance to Newcastle over the Millennium Bridge with plenty of restaurants and bars on your doorstep. It is easy to drive to, the only drawback is parking. If you are lucky you can park in one of the limited spaces at the hotel, otherwise it is on street parking, that of need to move your car by early morning, or at the Baltic next door which is very pricey. The bar and restaurant are good and staff are very friendly and helpful. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Kind regards,
Warwickshire
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on business. The location is good. Check-in was efficient and friendly. I had to pay for my Wi-Fi £10.00 for 24 hours so check which deal you get as I know some people got this included.

There were no toilet rolls in my room on arrival but that was quickly sorted. Breakfast at first glance seemed ok, Buffett style. However on closer inspection the Bagels at the toast station were mouldy and were covered in cobwebs (I will add a photo). Now a member of staff must have physically carried the basket of bagels to the table and to not notice something so obvious made me wonder what else was missed behind the scenes in the kitchen. I couldn't stomach breakfast after that so went without.

Rooms were large and comfortable but I was on the first floor and my window didn't open but the air con worked so no problem. It also over looked a scruffy court yard and other rooms so my curtains had to be closed all the time if you wanted any privacy.

If I returned to Newcastle I personally would stay elsewhere.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I would have welcomed the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised regarding breakfast on the day that you were at the hotel. We do have a duty manager who is available 24hours a day should any issues that arise need resolving during a guests stay.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly should you choose to stay at the hotel in the future.

My email address is david_toole@jurysinns.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst in the area on business.
The hotel is within easy reach of the town and shops and restaurants. It's only a 5-10 minute walk over the bridge.

On the plus side the room was a good size and clean and tidy.
Having wifi included was good and much better value than many other hotels. Good to see a sensible approach to such a standard requirement.
Room was well appointed and the bed very comfortable.

The downside was that check in and check out we're both very slow. On arrival there was a queue and only one person serving, after a while a second person came out to help.
Check out was equally slow.
To be fair the staff were very pleasant and friendly.

On the whole I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I was pleased to see that you found the location ideal for your requirements.

I’m sorry check in & out was slow this is something as a hotel we are always trying to improve on & I appreciate you providing feedback to me about this.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit o the hotel.

Kind Regards

David Toole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Staybridge Suites Newcastle
#1 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays? Share your experiences!