Angel View Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$64
$92
Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
$68
$57
Ravensworth Arms(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
$61
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
$49
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstable blockcreaky floorboardswedding receptionyorkshire puddingsunday lunchpiping hotsuperior roomnight porterfull englishwould recommend this hotel to anyonewould stay againstayed here for two nightsvisiting beamishfood was lovelybar and restaurantlovely viewcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was involved in arranging a special celebration lunch for 39 people and despite impressing on the mangement the importance of it being a success (and receiving every assurance) the event was a disaster. Only one waitress was allocated to our group who did her very best. The main course was below acceptable quality, served on cold plates with poor quality vegetables. Numerous complaints at the time did not produce any response from management. Either this venue cannot cope with party bookings or they are so disinterested in customer service prefering to rely on new clients to replace those who arre disatisfied and do not return.

• Stayed: February 2011
AngelViewManager, General Manager at Angel View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on here. I have recently aquired the post of General Manager and we are working to improve in all areas. I am sorry that your experience with the Angel View Inn was not satisfactory. I know the hotel frequently does host events such as weddings and large sit down dinners with the majority being sucessful, so i am unsure what has occurred in this case. I can assure you that every booking we take is important to us and we value all custom. I hope you will visit us again to see the improvments that have been made with regards to standards and sevice.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

staying at this hotel made my recent birthday a memoriable one. the management and staff couldnt do enough to make sure that the food i had ordered met my needs as i have alot of food allergies. when the food arrived it was of a high quality and it tasted fabulous. The bedroom was of a high standard, very comfortable. it overlooked the Angel. The staff were attentive, but not overly so, they were very professional at all times. breakfast was another high quality meal and met my allergy needs, the chef made sure there would be something suitable for me to eat.
thank you to the manager and all the sfatt for a wonderful stay. i will definitely be recommending this hotel to all my friends and family. i would definitely reccoment this resturant for a meal if you suffer from food allergies/intolerences like myself.
best wishes, Lesley and Harry Weatherhead

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We had our wedding reception at the Angel in September 2010 and we couldn't have been happier.

Our wedding planner Maureen was helpful, friendly and professional from start to finish and we felt we trusted her completely with our big day. Nothing was too much trouble for her.

The honeymoon suite was perfect and there was plenty of room for me and my bridesmaids, hairdresser and aunt to all get ready in.

The food was great, service excellent and we didnt have one complaint to make. In particular all of the staff were so helpful and pleasant.

A great venue and great value for money.

We couldn't recemmond the Angel enough for a stay over or to hold your wedding!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed as a reception we were attending was being held here.

Room was very inexpensive, particularly as we were sharing with our son so weren't expecting much. However room and bathroom was spacious, we were in Room 9, so anyone who is staying with one child would find this a good choice. We have paid a lot more for inferior and smaller rooms.

We ate at the bar, food reasonable and big portions, our son loved his pasta. Some of the dishes are quite ambitious and you might be better sticking to tried and tested favourites as I thought my monkfish was a bit underdone. Hubby was happy as he is a real ale fan and they have a microbrewery so he enjoyed the beer.

The function we attended was quite noisy and it could be heard in our room, not a problem for me as I use ear plugs, but if you are staying at the weekend you may want to check if there is anything on.

Breakfast was good, although they had run out of tomato sauce which I found hard to credit and also were proudly displaying the empty Spar orange concentrate cartons that the oj had come from, so perhaps a few little touches need to be sorted out.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Overall good value for money and if you have a reason to be here then it is a pleasant enough place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I stayed a few nights at this hotel recently after booking on Laterooms.

I had looked at a number of hotels in the area but the location of this one, just next to the A1 in gateshead was ideal for the business appointemnts i had locally.

On arriving i noticed a great deal of car parking (all free might i add!) and although close to a busy road, was quiet and set in a nice rural location opposite the the huge agel statue.

So i went into the hotel, bags in tow, to the hotel reception where i was greeted by a lovely young lady. I was checked in with little fuss. I had booked a standard room, and was given (which i found out later) was one of the newly refurbished rooms. Very comfortable, clean and tidy and fitting with the style of the building (a lovely converted stable/farm building)

I went down for a drink at the bar - again newly refurbished - greeted by really helpful & friendly staff. Really good choice of food on the menu as well as a carvery and good range of drinks. Seemed to be a nice bunch of locals at the bar also, so really good for a single traveller. Every meal i had here was well madeb and enjoyable, including breakfast.

I feel like i could go on and on about the place. Basically I would definatley stay here again when i return to the area. I have read previous reviews and all i can say is that i didnt have a single problem or issue with the hotel. Its a nice small establishment, not the hilton but then i wouldnt want it to be. Perhaps others should give the place a second chance!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business