1,103 results
All reviews metro centre leisure club leisure centre shopping trip sauna and steam room retail park bar menu changing rooms lovely hotel two double beds christmas shopping room was large breakfast was excellent tea and coffee stayed one night plenty of parking full english
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation for afternoon tea for my mums 60th birthday. Couldn’t have asked for a better reception! Staff made so much effort, especially Matthew who was absolutely brilliant and made my mums day by coming out in a singing birthday hat. Afternoon tea was lovely with plenty of choice. No complaints what so ever. Thanks again for such a pleasant visit!

Trip type: Traveled with family
lauramather, Front Office Manager at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Dear ZD92,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us here at the Newcastle Gateshead Marriott MetroCentre.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your afternoon tea and thank you for your lovely comments about Matty, we will pass this onto him as well.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Just returned fro this hotel, found the staff to be helpful, the room was nice with a number of toiletries and the cleanliness was of high standard. I enjoyed the breakfast, (although a £4.00 charge for someone to bring it to your room seems a bit excessive). The hotel has a pool and a restaurant. My only dissatisfaction was with the restaurant as after I walked in everything became very confusing. There is a bar/restaurant area and I went in there for lunch. As I walked over to the restaurant area, we were told we could not eat in the restaurant until 6 o'clock, unless we were having a Roast dinner in which case we could. There were already people in the restaurant who I can only assume had ordered this, however the area was mainly empty. When I asked for a menu I was told there were 3 different menus, one for the restaurant, one for the pub (which is connected to the restaurant) and I can only assume the other is for the bedroom as there were conflicting prices from the menu we had in our room. When I told him I wanted macaroni cheese I was told to order from the bar and was told the area I was to sit for this specific meal. It all seemed a bit strange and confusing, although unsure why you only have access to an almost empty area when you are ordering a specific meal and why someone is employed to prevent anyone who is not ordering a meal which is not a roast dinner to guard the area before 6pm. Anyway that aside, I would definitely stay again, great hotel, plenty of parking and nearby shops, food outlets and other facilities, nice place.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
lauramather, Front Office Manager at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Callum_B_1994,

I am sorry to hear you found the restaurant to be confusing, I will pass your comments onto our Food and Beverage Manager.

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to helpful staff.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

We stayed 2 nights for xmas shopping trip to the metro centre which is only a 10 minute walk away.We have got no complaints about the hotel.We were greeted by very friendly reception staff,and a fast check in.
Our room was on the second floor and had everything we needed,nice good size bathroom,clean towels and plenty of hot water.The bed was very comfortable and the room was the right temperature.We pre booked breakfast which is £10.00 per person if booked the evening before, and £15.00 per person if not booked.The restaurant staff were very efficient and the selection of food was good offering a full english or continental breakfast.
We went into the town centre on Friday evening for a walk around and a meal.The taxi fare was £12.00 each way, which we thought was a resonable price.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again .

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kevin P,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and I will pass on your lovely comments to each department.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Have stayed here for the past five years, travelling up to see family and friends pre -christmas. We are always given a friendly welcome and our room is always just perfect for our needs. The breakfast has everything you could want and if you require anything else all you need to do is ask and everyone is happy to help. Sharon on the reception desk is so lovely and welcoming........then when its time to go home, she says see you again next year!......and yes she will.

Room tip: Opt for a higher floor, best views and much quieter
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear MammaHerb66,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and I will pass on your lovely comments to Sharon.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

I stay in hotels daily. Everyday I spend time
Checking in and checking out. This was the 5th time I’ve spent in a Hilton hotel ... it will definitely be the last.
The room was so old fashioned ... oak cupboards not changed since the 70s and no mini bar at all.
This was not the major issue. The issue was the staff and the lack of them. I couldn’t contact anyone from room service for 40 mins and when I did I was told I had to wait 30 mins for a beef sandwich.
At reception they were so rude and incapable of communication with humans. I believe maybe if they spoke via computer it would have been better.
All In all a ageing run down hotel with staff lacking any personality at all. Rather sad for Hilton ...
Never again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded November 28, 2017

Dear Josh B,

I write in reply to your review you have left regarding a recent stay you had. Could you please contact me direct as your comments confirm you stayed at the Hilton Hotel and we are Marriott Hotel Metrocentre.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.

I do hope you have a better experience when your travels bring you back to Newcastle.

Sharon Wilson