“Fantastic Food Wonderful Staff”
Review of YO! Sushi

YO! Sushi
Ranked #79 of 267 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast Food, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I go to Yo! Sushi every week they have a good selection of Japanese dishes not only do they sell Sushi but have curries, soups, noodles, rice and deserts to tempt everyone's pallet.
All the food is provided in different coloured plates or bowls that defines the price from £1.90 to £5.00 each. They have wonderful friendly staff and not only can you eat in but they do a range of takeaway meals and delivery.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Susan H

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Yo sushi”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I go here a lot , and its ok for yo sushi , service is ok sometimes they are spot on sometimes they aren't, it very much is hit and miss, but for a quick bite to eat , why not go, especially during blue Mondays , don't bother with sumo Sundays there's hardly nothing decent on the belt

• Visited May 2013
“First time!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was my first Yo Sushi experience and I loved it. I will deffo go back. I only give it a 3 because choice on the belt was limited although you can order too. Very filling, great tastes and reasonable prices. Staff looked after us well as we were novices. Endless green tea was a plus :)

Visited September 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Hand rolls, yum”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Really nice quick eatery in the centre of the restaurant corner of the metro centre. People seem to look at the price of plates and think its going to cost a fortune. However it usually comes to around £20 which I pay in most chain restaurants. Fresh food prepared in sight, friendly staff. Great choice of sushi and more substantial noodle dishes. Aim to go on a Monday for blue Monday where all plates are cheap at £2.50 so get your fill. Favourite plate to recommend is salmon and avocado hand roll. Was bit unexpected to be charged £1.05 for tap water but I wasn't going to complain as I'd had a great meal. Situated adjacent to the fantastic odeon so perfect for pre film meal. Also if you are not a savvy chopstick user they offer easier versions as well. Suitable for all wanting something a bit different

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dr_richard_kimble89
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Weird chicken !”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I ate at Yo Sushi with my son today.....we were rather disappointed as one of the dishes we had was the noodles with chicken that was quite obviously sliced thigh meat which tasted weird and was of very poor quality.
The rest of the meal was okay but I thought the portions were smaller and that the food was basically of dismal quality than we have had in the last few months.
The staff were very good.
We will NOT be returning here again !
Our money is precious these days and we do not do second rate food a second time !

• Visited August 2013