“Friday night sushi fix.” 5 of 5 bubbles

YO! Sushi
Ranked #72 of 264 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wylam, United Kingdom
“Friday night sushi fix.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Second visit in June. This visit was after a Friday night's shopping at the Metrocentre. It's right next to the Odeon so Fridays are busy in that area especially when its Man of Steel premiere night!!! Yo Sushi was busy but not heaving, got seated immediately and drinks order taken. Plenty of selection and quantity on the belt including all our favourites so no issues with waiting. Ordered a few hot dishes from the menu and these arrived fresh, hot and prompt.

Hairy Prawns and Beef Nigiri still fab!!!

Overall, no issues as usual - will be back again.

• Visited June 2013

Wylam, United Kingdom
“Mega Katsu - Mega Sushi!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Have been here and other Yo Sushi's before but went on this occasion for the 'Mega Chicken Katsu Curry'. Friday teatime about 5pm, busy-ish. Sushi off the belt was fresh and tasty as were the other hot items ordered. The Mega Katsu Curry was just that - very filling with plenty of chicken, rice and delicious curry sauce.

Great for snacking or a decent meal. Wife has to have the Hairy Prawns and I have to have Beef Nigiri!!!

Service always good at Yo Sushi.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Why...oh why do I bother?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I go here out of habit, I don't know why.
Its when I get a sushi craving I go....it being so quick and convenient luring me in..then I deeply...deeply regret it.

The tables are always so unclean and sticky.
Then I have to pay for tap water,...TAP WATER! Is that even allowed?
Then there's normally the same tired old dishes of sad looking sushi being whirled and whirled on the conveyor belt for so long i'm surprised it doesn't have travel sickness!
Then the sushi, cold, not fresh, hard, bland and flavorless with only a few pieces accumulating to a bill so high that makes me feel deeply regretful when handing over my cash to pay.

Yup.....I would like to say this is a 'one off' experience in Yo Sushi, however I tend to always feel these emotions..

Why don't I learn!?!

Next time Its Fat Buddha or Wok supp in Durham or IKUZE in the metrocentre where I feel more than happy to hand over my money!!!!!!!

Don't keep making the same mistake I do!

• Visited April 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Kids had a great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited with the kids, age 11 and 7 as they love sushi. Can't really rate the atmosphere as its in the middle of a shopping mall. For that reason no tempura due to safety requirements of mall. Food is pricy, but nice. Easy to get to also. Staff friendly, and helpful

Durham, Uk
“A little expensive, but good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went here last Saturday for lunch. It was quiet so we got to sit down right away, there was plenty of stuff to grab off the belt and the hot food we ordered came quickly. The blonde lady who I think is the manager is VERY friendly.

It is quite expensive for what you get here, we were not starving, which is a good thing, otherwise we would have spent a fortune. We stuck to the green and blue plates mostly with 2 purple, 2 green teas and 1 miso soup, and it was just under £30. We were full after, but had we have been really hungry we would have to have spent another £10-£15.

I liked the experience though. I like seeing them making the food, I am very fussy with food, and if I can't see the kitchen, I won't eat there, so I was happy with seeing them wash their hands every few minutes!

I would go back, it might be a monthly treat for us. On Monday they do most plates for 1 set price of £2.40 so if you can, go on a Monday.

• Visited March 2013