“Paid a lot for nothing”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Six

Six
Ranked #7 of 264 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Six is the stunning rooftop restaurant and bar at BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art combining breathtaking panoramic views with great food, great service and a great experience. Opened in 2009, the style of food is British modern, featuring the very best locally sourced ingredients simply cooked and served in a relaxed and friendly setting.
Zahle, Lebanon
“Paid a lot for nothing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Writing this review just few hours after coming back from Six. I am totally disappointed with this restaurant. Really overpriced for the very small portion of overcooked roasted duck, about three spoons of bean and two small slice of sausage which I didn't understand the combination of these three in a dish! We as a group of 7 went there for first time to enjoy the view of Tyne River in a sunny day when we have our lunch. But actually just 7 tables out of almost 20 has the view of the river so if you don’t have the chance to take one of those 7 tables you have wasted your money and there is no reason to pay a price of 5 star restaurant for a low quality meal. Also, we were unhappy with the service. While staff was very polite but after long waiting they brought a wrong order for one of us and finally our friend's food came when all of us already had finished our lunch. We ordered bread also but it never came. I don’t come back and I don’t recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

STANLEY
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The whole family decended on this restaurant for a Sunday lunch and we can not fult it. The food was delicious and the service excellent. We will go back again very soon.

Visited February 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Champagne Afternoon Tea with poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I brought my Mother through for a Champagne Cream tea. I had purchased 2 vouchers for her Christmas present (£24.00 each). I had heard great reports regarding SIX restaurant and we were both really looking forward to a nice relaxing couple of hours.

On arrival we were seated promptly and the champagne and tea order was taken at 1430. We then proceeded to sit and wait for nearly an hour when someone finally came over and told us there was problems with the printer in the kitchen. I can understand about technical problems. What I thought was really bad is it then took a further half an hour for any food to arrive. I asked a couple of staff when our food was coming and I got a slight acknowledgement, but not much more than that. When the food finally arrived we then had to wait for someone else to realize that we hadn’t even got our pots of tea! It finally took them nearly 2 hours to serve sandwiches and pots of tea.

I have since written to complain and was offered 2 complimentary cream teas. I emailed them back saying thank you and confirming the date we could attend. I have since heard nothing from them. There customer service skills and service in general is appalling.

I can't complain on the food as it was really nice.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Deborah34171178
“Afternoon tea- so not worth £15”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about our trip was the view (especially from the ladies' toilets). However, for £15 per head, the afternoon tea was very disappointing. The sandwiches and cakes were miserly to say the least. The main problem was that the scones and the cakes did not taste at all fresh (they were made at least the day before), and the custard tart case was completely stale. I would expect a better range of hot drinks - even Starbucks can manage decent filter coffee these days.

The service was inadequate- we were shown a table in the centre of the room when there were 2 by the window affording better views. My companion asked for vegetarian sandwiches which should have been accommodated without a murmur, but the waitress had to check if it was ok, then brought us both vegetarian sandwiches (when I had not requested then).

This was a much anticipated birthday treat but I won't be returning. There are much better places to get afternoon tea within a Stone's throw of Six, and at a fraction of the price.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went here for a special meal and weren't disappointed. Firstly the views are amazing and we had cocktails before we sat down. The cocktail menu is very varied and interesting. We each had 3 courses which were fantastic. The scallops were out of this world! Service was efficient and friendly. It is quite pricey but was worth it for the quality of the food and location. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and can't wait to return.

• Visited January 2013