Abbot Hall Hotel
  • Restaurant
Elton Guest House(Grange-over-Sands)
Clare House(Grange-over-Sands)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolkents banktrain stationfree towelslog cabinself catering lodgeswashing up liquidlovely groundsdouble bedbuffet styleenjoyed our staystayed for nightsporridgefriendly hotelevening mealoverlooking morecambe bayextensive grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Okay for the price - although not very well organised: breakfast took an age to arrive. The place is clean but a bit tired. My bed was in a rather poor state - I felt it might collapse during the night.
I reported it to the hotel staff but I felt my comment wasn't taken seriously.

Room Tip: No suggestions
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John J
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Room. was about 16sq, 25% taken for the bathroom,double bed pushed into the corner so had to pull it out so we were able to get in both sides,small dirty window looked out onto roof and close to trees,making room very dark.only 3 lights in room so no bedside light on each side.Bed was only fit for the tip.Heating did not work but was put right after 2nd complaint.Food was average,white wine was served not chilled .Lounge furniture was low , soggy, and dirty,not good for older people.Pool was very good but was closed on Sunday due to heating problem.Over all this place is in a run down state and we will not stay again. We stayed w/end 8- 10 Nov. 2013. J+ S

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank John S
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in a double room and it really needed a deep clean and a bit of love and attention. Most of the furniture was stained and the shower leaked all over the bathroom so make sure you hang everything up! However the price was great, but would have liked to put my money elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie T
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have been to the Lakes numerous times and so this time decided to stay somewhere a little different. With weather unpredictable at this time of year I wanted either a suite or a small holiday rental for the duration of our stay, this search took me to Abbot Hall's lodges.

I was initially put off by it being a Christian Guild establishment, though I appreciate that's wrong. However the lodges are entirely detached from the main premises and are completely self-catering.

We had views over the bay area, which was lovely to wake to and a nice balcony to sit out on. Each lodge has its own parking bay so access was great.

The lodge was spotlessly clean and very well equipped, exceeding expectations. Our lodge had three bedrooms, which - whilst we only used one - did mean there was lots of space indeed, with two bathrooms. I was very pleased, especially considering I had only paid for a two-bedroom.

Staff were friendly and approachable. Overall the price paid was a real steal, and I had spent time wondering what the catch would be, but didn't really find one.

If I had one minor gripe it would be about the television. We only wanted to use this once, to have on over breakfast, however couldn't find the remote and the buttons on the TV itself wouldn't work. On our return that evening we reported this to the hotel to be told that there was a £5 deposit required for the remote control (which was the only way to use the TV). Obviously this wasn't a problem but it did seem a bit odd, and a practice more befitting some cheap B&B in Blackpool and didn't quite fit with the otherwise high quality of the place.

I would certainly recommend the lodges to anyone, and will most likely stay again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in Lodge 5, this lodge has the best views and isn't really overlooked.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdJones83
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Did not stay in the Hotel but used one of their lodges. Very nice well kept and maintained. We were in a four person lodge and it was above standard I would say. Nice kitchen/diner good amount of crockery and well looked after. Made good use of the swimming pool and find it a nice touch that they provided towels at the pool as well as in the Lodges. What would I improve? Extend the WIFI to the Lodges. Amend the address to where the Hotel is actually located. We were looking in Grange Over Sands it is a mile or so outside at Kents Bank, which is a location not a road.

Room Tip: Did not hear a bad word about the Hotel from the users I met.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family